Thread: challenger 6.4 with vortech supercharger story - tune needed

Potential Tuner

challenger 6.4 with vortech supercharger story - tune needed

Hello!

We have recently installed a vortech supercharger kit to a 2017 Dodge Challenger 6.4 scat pack shaker with 15k miles on the dash.
    The kit contain a v3 si trim vortech supercharger, hellcat injectors and a 3 bar map sensor + many less important accesories.
    It is delivered with a programming tool with livernois motorsport logo on it.
    We used it to read the ecu and after 3 days received a calibration.
    Output is very disappointing, only 600hp on the engine. Please note, this dyno show power on Engine not on the wheels.
    Livernois say they only deliver the programming tool, and they are not the author of the tune. Vortech say something completely opposite that livernois make their tunes.
    Both however agree, that the tune itself needs to be fixed and in the end they refunded me the software itself, without making any efford to fix the problem.
    We think, this set never prodced advertised 730 hp anywhere and they absolutely know this.

So, i had to buy new ecu becouse the old one is livernois locked and adopt it to car. Now, im looking for someone experienced with forced induction who can help us remotely.232866026-567982387903707-1326702971583617542-n.jpg
    Last edited by adamgda; 08-28-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by adamgda View Post
    Hello!

We have recently installed a vortech supercharger kit to a 2017 Dodge Challenger 6.4 scat pack shaker with 15k miles on the dash.
    The kit contain a v3 si trim vortech supercharger, hellcat injectors and a 3 bar map sensor + many less important accesories.
    It is delivered with a programming tool with livernois motorsport logo on it.
    We used it to read the ecu and after 3 days received a calibration.
    Output is very disappointing, only 600hp on the engine. Please note, this dyno show power on Engine not on the wheels.
    Livernois say they only deliver the programming tool, and they are not the author of the tune. Vortech say something completely opposite that livernois make their tunes.
    Both however agree, that the tune itself needs to be fixed and in the end they refunded me the software itself, without making any efford to fix the problem.
    We think, this set never prodced advertised 730 hp anywhere and they absolutely know this.

So, i had to buy new ecu becouse the old one is livernois locked and adopt it to car. Now, im looking for someone experienced with forced induction who can help us remotely.232866026-567982387903707-1326702971583617542-n.jpg
    If I were you I would not do anything with remote tuning at this time. I would get the car to a chassis dyno and fix the tune this way.

Do you have a shop close by with a dyno? What part of the country are you in?

Potential Tuner
    Well, im not in the USA. Here in my country in Europe nobody can help me. We tune completely different cars with completely different tools. Gpec2a is exotic here and its not a good idea to start myself with a stage3-4. We have our own chassis dyno but i really dont like the idea of discovering America from scratch. This is why i bought the complete and more expensive set upfront. I was hoping i wont have to tune it at all. In the end i received a poor, unacceptable tune which i cannot fix myself becouse the ecu is locked from reading. Boot mode is disabled and obd password hash is changed. The car is missing 120 horse power while having a completely good stock power and is shimmy when cold becouse of badly calibrated hellcat injectors. I'm absolutely disappointed.

There is a hellcat calibration in the hptuner database i plan to use it at least to take the injector offset, but i dont know many things i really have no time and will to fix for example the compressor characteristics .... Is there anyone who can help me? I pay like for president

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    if you need support i remote all the time

info in Signature
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161