Thread: TDN app

Potential Tuner

TDN app

Has anyone figured out how to link the app or load tunes onto the network? looking to link my pc so i can flash with my phone since i dont have a laptop, only a pc.

Potential Tuner
    I have linked my phone to the MPVI2 via the TDN app and so far I've recorded one datalog with it. I haven't tried to read or write a file to the car yet. I uploaded my datalog to the server using the TDN app. Now I'm just trying to figure out where this server is and how to access it via my laptop so I can view the datalog. I read the users manual but I didn't see where it said how to access the server.

Advanced Tuner

TDN is designed as a system to facilitate dealers delivering their tunes to their customers, so as a user you would need to be linked to dealer who is setup for TDN. That's where your data logs and tune reads would go to, and then they could send down their tunes to write to the vehicle. Any dealers who wish to become a part of TDN should contact their sales rep for further details and assistance.

As a user without being linked to a TDN dealer, the app could still be used for diagnostic codes and readiness tests (see the DTC tab; TrackAddict has a nearly identical screen for MPVI/RTD users), and to initiate basic data logging with some simple live gauges. Those data logs are stored onboard the MPVI2 device and can be retrieved by VCM Scanner under the Standalone Data Logging screen, if you have Pro Feature Set enabled. However, the parameters they log when in TDN mode are defaults (if linked to a dealer, they can expand this), as your normal Standalone channel config would not be applied in this mode.

We are working on some more stuff in the mobile app space, but I'm not at liberty to share details yet...

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the clarification. I understand that development is not free. It sounds like the TDN features are more for a user interacting with a shop/tuner/dealer. I hope there will be more standalone user functionality in the future. I sure would be nice to be able to datalog my custom PID config without having a laptop in the car, then be able to review the log on my own without a dealer/s

Potential Tuner
    Shoot, I didn?t see anything about the TDN not being accessible to end users?.
    I just ordered one as a upgrade to my MPVI2, is this functionality coming? Am I still able to flash using VCM directly connected?

Potential Tuner
    I am not able to get my RTD plus to pair with my Note 20 ultra.

Potential Tuner
    so we are a shop, that uses multiple tuners, but it would be nice for us to be able to see the datalogs as well,

Potential Tuner
    and really, customers to that end should be able to see their datalogs as well. the app idea is excellent, but shouldn't have customers not able to view logs. example they do a log, send it to a tuner, on a friday night, but won't get a response til monday, but it may be something they could look at and know they are in a safe zone for basic driving, or that whatever they were trying to log is working correctly,

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    and really, customers to that end should be able to see their datalogs as well. the app idea is excellent, but shouldn't have customers not able to view logs. example they do a log, send it to a tuner, on a friday night, but won't get a response til monday, but it may be something they could look at and know they are in a safe zone for basic driving, or that whatever they were trying to log is working correctly,
    We've been getting a lot of negative feedback on this as well, or customers emailing at 10pm on a Saturday night saying they just sent in a datalog and have an issue and are unsure if tune or mechanical related but if we aren't near a computer there isn't much we can do to help them. Would be nice to be able to view logs on the app or at least sync them to an end user account or even their email address.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    TDN is designed as a system to facilitate dealers delivering their tunes to their customers, so as a user you would need to be linked to dealer who is setup for TDN. That's where your data logs and tune reads would go to, and then they could send down their tunes to write to the vehicle. Any dealers who wish to become a part of TDN should contact their sales rep for further details and assistance.

As a user without being linked to a TDN dealer, the app could still be used for diagnostic codes and readiness tests (see the DTC tab; TrackAddict has a nearly identical screen for MPVI/RTD users), and to initiate basic data logging with some simple live gauges. Those data logs are stored onboard the MPVI2 device and can be retrieved by VCM Scanner under the Standalone Data Logging screen, if you have Pro Feature Set enabled. However, the parameters they log when in TDN mode are defaults (if linked to a dealer, they can expand this), as your normal Standalone channel config would not be applied in this mode.

We are working on some more stuff in the mobile app space, but I'm not at liberty to share details yet...
    Gosh I hope so, and hoping it comes soon.

HPTs advantage touted everywhere around, is that it's more User focused, and less requiring shops to do anything like the red guys.

The red guys advantage is their screen, ability to hot swap tunes without a PC.

You ALMOST solved that. But then didn't because it's got the same restriction as the red guys being that you have to have a Approved Tuner to enable the feature. It's a step backwards.
    Last edited by Cyberlocc; 04-21-2022 at 02:12 AM.

so we are a shop, that uses multiple tuners, but it would be nice for us to be able to see the datalogs as well,
    Agreed. Honestly, it'd be nice to store tunes on your phone for flashing on the go. I say this now that they "support" the Powersport platforms. As an example, if you throw an overboost code on a RZR, a reset won't clear it and enable boost control again. You have to flash the map again to get your power back. When you're in the middle of the Black Hills, I don't particularly want to take my laptop with me. I'd rather log it on my phone, flash the ECU, then take all that back to adjust at the cabin. There is more to that example, but is a valid example.

I am a tuner, but not apart of their network (can't really get support/replies from them...), but it would be nice to use the BT and app function for more than just communication with an authorized tuner... Since I won't ever need to be on the customer end of that. And anyone tuning or having their car tuned would like to have this sort of functionality. This is why things like Cobb AccessPorts are so popular (even still).

It also be nice to setup an access code as needed so that you can link with anyone... Similar to a Zoom meeting.

I think I know you from the SHO Forum?