Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E38 Speed Density Idle Rich AFR No Matter What I Try

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, what injectors are you running?

Advanced Tuner
    I see no wide band data in your one log, are you using an external one? Where is it mounted and has it been verified it is accurate?

Do you have a cam card showing your valve events? How much overlap does this cam have? Large amounts of cam overlap at idle will provide false oxygen sensor readings due to fresh charge air being sucked into the exhaust.
    You will likely need to modify your injection timing to keep fuel from being sucked out of the chamber and into the exhaust.

Advanced Tuner
    I see AC pressure in your log. Is that your wideband? If so, you need to tell us the type of wideband and the math you are using to calculate your AFR readings.

Keep the channels from the log you posted and add these channels: Wideband, STFT B1 & B2, LTFT B1 & B2, O2 volt B1S1, O2 volt B2S1, and Manifold Air Temp.

What injectors are you using?
    -Zero'ing out your injector tip temp table is not the best approach in my opinion. Put that back to whatever stock values were. Just know that after a warm reflash, you may be be rich until your injector tip temp comes down. This is fine, just log tip temp and wait for it to be in a range that is not adding pw. A short drive normally gets this back in range quickly.

Based on the last log you posted and the tune that goes with that log, try taking 15-20% out of your VE table in your idle area or <1600 rpm and <80kPa. Values would be around 1,100-1,200 at 900rpm 60kPa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgarretts86 View Post
    Also, on my MAF tune, in open loop it runs and idles at commanded afr. Soon as it goes into closed loop, the LTFT maxes out at like 24.2 percent and it goes really rich into the low 12s. Reset the LTFTs and it cleans up for just a second then right back to super rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgarretts86 View Post
    Raised the PE enable you 90kpa. Still idles way rich of commanded in OLSD. And on the maf tune it idles at commander 14.6 but when it goes into closed loop the fuel trims still go 24 percent rich. Possible bad o2s? But that still doesn?t explain the rich idle in OLSD.
    Posting logs showing these things along with the corresponding tune is the best approach.

check your injector minimum pulse
    09 Pontiac G8GT LSA conversion & cammed (HP Tuned)
    07 Trailblazer SS Cammed & Nitrous Fed (HP Tuned)

What about injector timing? Ive had some sucess with po1 ecms but Im not sure how it works on e38 stuff since the tables are different.

Advanced Tuner
    have you gotten this figured out yet? im having the same issue but somehow i think the maf isnt completely failed. i can log maf sensor state and it shows failed but the p0101 dtc isnt setting. i zero'd out the maf curve table and the car wouldnt stay running. it is somehow running off of the maf i feel.

UPDATE*

I WAS WRONG
    Last edited by LS ROB; 06-03-2022 at 06:48 PM.