Thread: LS1 408 stroker LSA super charger

Potential Tuner

LS1 408 stroker LSA super charger

I have a 408 stroker with a lsa supercharger on it. I upgraded to a 8 rib 8" harmonic balancer and a 2.38 supercharger pulley. After these pulley upgrades, my car does not have the power it did with the stock pulleys. Can someone tell me what is causing this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bank 2 is adding in 50% worth of fuel on the short term trims, you have a major problem with that.

The data log is running the wrong MAP sensor channel, need to remove the 1 bar channel and put in the 3 bar channel. The MAF sensor is not correctly failed for the speed density either. The MAF fail high needs to be 0hz and the 3 MAF dtc's set to MIL on first error.

The data log is also missing wideband oxygen sensor data and commanded AFR or Lambda.

That PE table is all sorts of wrong. Just do the math and you'll see how wrong you have it. 14.68/ 1.596 = 9.19 AFR. That is stupid mega rich. If you had to rape the PE table to get your wideband to read what you wanted, then your VE table is in need of a major overhaul.

Power enrichment is a set and forget table. If you want to commanded an 11.0 AFR it must stay at that number. Then the VE table needs to be tuned to give you that AFR using the wideband.

It's probably running too much timing as well for the boost level.

In short, that tune needs a ton of work to run correctly.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    This is the tune that my tuner loaded into it. He told me to Subtracted -4 timing from it before I drove it after I spoke to him about it. So basically the original tune for the stock pulleys wasn’t correct either. Thank you for the information!

I don't think that tuner knows what they are doing if the tune was setup this way.

The 50% of the fuel trims thing is likely not tune related though. I would be checking for vacuum leaks and fuel pressure.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.