Thread: Laps with a different start and finish

Banned

Laps with a different start and finish

Does anyone know how to add a start and different finish line to a circuit?

I can't seem to find how, so don't think it's a feature, but the circuit I drive is also like sprint or rally where the start and finish are at different points

Advanced Tuner
    You definitely can have a different start and finish:

It's all defined by your data file. If you have a column for "Lap #", then that will define the lap itself, and RaceRender will interpret the first row with a value as the start and the last row with a value as the finish. You might need to export individual "laps" since I don't think RaceRender handles sections where a lap is not occurring except for before the start. It would be nice if it handled multiple laps with breaks better, but it can handle individual laps pretty well. It also seems to think that the rotation of the start line should always match the finish line even though it can display both; so I just created my own embedded display object for the finish line and just manually align it each time: Finish Line.rro

You can also add much more precise values by following this guide: http://racerender.com/Developer/DataFormat.html
    You'll need the first line to start with:
    # RaceRender Data

And then you can add additional comments for the staging time:
    # Lap 0: 00:02:43.08
    And the time of your point-to-point lap:
    # Lap 1: 00:02:23.07

That will give much more precise control of exactly when a lap starts and finishes, but it also may require more work to setup (unless you're using something like TrackAddict which will output directly into that format).