Thread: Untouched for 1yr = Controller Unlocker X36 exceed number of attempts

Tuner in Training

Untouched for 1yr = Controller Unlocker X36 exceed number of attempts

Something strange here - Please help

#1 No tuner or other program has ever touched my vehicle. One of my two laptops are the only thing ever connected to the vehicle.
    #2 I have been out of country and not connected to this vehicle or updated HPtuners in over a year.
    #3 First thing I did prior to connecting and trying to read/flash was update to the latest Beta version of Editor, and the newest MPVI pro Drivers
    #4 I am still using MPVI Pro not 2
    #5 PCM is a PO1 w/ a 3bar SD OS applied
    #6 With the MPVI connected I reinstalled all of my Application Keys (Total of 14 credits across multiple different vehicles)
    #7 PCM will let me read entire, make change to the tune and save, but when trying to write I get the X36 error.

If there is more information I need to provide please let me know... I have been chasing this problem for a month now, and am supposed to hit the dyno for the first time ever this weekend.

Tune file attached.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by theburlyman; 09-03-2021 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Adding Tune

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com

It looks like you are using one of our LS1 custom operating systems, if the key off process is not completed properly after a write entire this could potentially leave your ecm using the stock seed/key algo but the custom operating system id number which would give you the exact symptoms you are describing.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thank you Bill - I have submitted a support ticket and will update progress.