Thread: 2020 ZL1 NX lid 200 HP shot tuning suggestions

2020 ZL1 NX lid 200 HP shot tuning suggestions

Basically have done nothing but pull 2 degrees timing from 3500 up. Runs strong with this only mod but read threads with different suggestions, IAT trick and so on. With no timing pulled melted right front plug electrode. I am putting 2 step colder plugs in but not sure on gap. Tried Brisk RR12S but multiple cylinder misfire at WOT, going with NGK this round. As is ran side by side mildly modded GT500. Engine for engine it was an embarrassment but spraying was an even match. I just want to make sure I don't trash the engine. Since this pic I switched to the Rotofab, this CAI wouldn't clear the NOS solenoids.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I purchased "THE ULTIMATE GM EFI TUNING GUIDE" by LaSota Racing but it really does not apply to the newer genV LT4. Either that or I just haven't figured it out yet. The images and instructions are not available when I try to locate them for my ZL1. There are a few people within 2 or 3 hours from me to Dyno tune but I don't know anyone who has used them. Any suggestions for a remote tune? I will eventually add exhaust and maybe pulleys but nothing too radical. It's faster than anything in the area without nitrous but that GT500 was a fun race, be nice to edge him out.

If I can help with this, PM me

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    You should be using the brisks with nitrous. Need to learn to read plugs (no idle time, shut down after wot). Start with 2* per 50hp and don't try to be overly fat trying to be safe.

Im pretty good at reading plugs, I ran dirt IMCA Modified class for years. I can tune an alcohol 377 by ear and be spot on with the timing mark on the plugs and swapping jets to keep the a/f in check but man, a zl1 is complicated. I'll put the Brisk back in and check them but what does the gap need to be? I almost wanna say they are at 32 now but not positive. With the recommended jets NX suggested the wideband, AEM X series 30-0334 with OBDII adapter shows I'm extremely rich, 0.6 at WOT spraying. Thank you for responding, I do appreciate the advice.

Advanced Tuner
    I'd definitely rejet till you're in the .8-.83 range then assuming it's got the right nitrous jet in it. I believe the 12s come out of the box around .028 which should be fine.

This is a video of last weekend vs the GT500. I beat him to the mark winning the race but you can hear how good it runs spraying 200 with no tune at all