Thread: 2008 Tahoe Hybrid DOD

Tuner in Training

2008 Tahoe Hybrid DOD

i have a 08 Tahoe Hybrid which had the lifters fail due to DOD. I put in new lifters (still the DOD version) and when i pulled the tune so i can turn off DOD it shows it already disabled. I drove it around and it still goes into 4cyl mode. Do the hybrids need extra things to be turned off so the DOD is fully disabled. I have never had any issues disabling DOD in the past with the 5.3s or 6.2s. Simply disable it and it is off. in this case it is already disabled and it still goes in the V4 mode.
    2012 CTS-V BDT, Auto, Every Option | Lingefelter 2.55" UP | DW65 Injectors | C&R HX | Pierburg CWA100 | 90mm TB | Airaid CF Intake with Green Filter | Lingefelter 160deg T-Stat | 534whp/503tq
    2002 C5 Z06 Quick Silver, AR Headers, Borla Axle Back, A&A Kit

Tuner in Training
    anyone? does no one ever shut off DOD on the hybrids?
    2012 CTS-V BDT, Auto, Every Option | Lingefelter 2.55" UP | DW65 Injectors | C&R HX | Pierburg CWA100 | 90mm TB | Airaid CF Intake with Green Filter | Lingefelter 160deg T-Stat | 534whp/503tq

I don't think you can do much. The PCM is just a slave to the Hybrid control module that is really in charge for the whole system.

If the DoD is already off on the PCM, that means the other module is what is actually controlling the system. It would probably freak out if you unplugged the VLOM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    HP Tuners got it wrong on those. If you switch from Disabled to Enabled, it should Disable it. There are also other modifiers that can be used to ensure that it's disabled...such as the rpm threshold.

Tuner in Training
    Has this ever been updated? I have an 09 Silverado Hybrid 6.0l which #7 DOD lifter failure. I'm going to fix that, but want to disable the DOD..
    Can someone tell me what all i need to do to disable it?
    Also, I have a possible Hybrid batt failure too. Can the VCM Scanner get into the Hybrid PCM at all?
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    HP Tuners got it wrong on those. If you switch from Disabled to Enabled, it should Disable it. There are also other modifiers that can be used to ensure that it's disabled...such as the rpm threshold.
    This is it. I end up putting it to enable in order for the DOD to dissable.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswis01 View Post
    Has this ever been updated? I have an 09 Silverado Hybrid 6.0l which #7 DOD lifter failure. I'm going to fix that, but want to disable the DOD..
    Can someone tell me what all i need to do to disable it?
    Also, I have a possible Hybrid batt failure too. Can the VCM Scanner get into the Hybrid PCM at all?
    Thanks
    unfortunately there is not much you can do with the hybrid system. in order to disable to DOD under the Fuel Tab ---> Lean/Fuel-Saving ---> then top left there is an option to disable DOD. If it already shows disabled then change it to enable.

very nice to find this thread, it doesn't seem to pop up in any Google searches. just a lot about not being able to disable it. happy it can be.

just to add a little something just turning it off isn't 100% enough to avoid the lifter problem. following a YouTube guy, crazed performance repair. he has good videos on how if oil gets by a bad solenoid, if can still pressurize the lifter and have it unlock. to be 100% he has a video on how to pull the top plate, do some mods and then you're good. I'll be doing that.