Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BRP ME 17.8.5 Tuning Intro

BRP ME 17.8.5 Tuning Intro

Before you begin tuning these vehicles, here are some tips you may find useful:

The existing calibration on the ECM cannot be read. You are provided with a stock file for your vehicle every time you attempt to read it.
    If you get a definition failed to load or checksum error, please email us that file and we will add support for your vehicle as soon as possible.

Understanding variant coded parameters:

Because these ECMs are used in a number of different markets and configurations, the manufacturer uses a process called variant coding to select one table or parameter used in a particular vehicle from a list of stored parameters.
    To determine your particular configuration, we are providing the following scanner parameters (these are permanent and you only need to log and take note of them once per vehicle):

Variant_Channels.JPG

This list will tell you which variants are used.

Main Variant A - This is likely the most useful. It determines the Spark, VE, ETC Airflow, Default MAP, and Injector Pulse Variant.

Main Variant B - This determines the Aircharge Conversion, Wall Wetting, Fan after Run, Supercharger Drag Torque, and Injector Voltage Offset, and Injector Slope used.

Main Variant C - This determines the Floodclear, Idle Speed, and most Torque limit tables.

The rest are mostly self explanatory
    Stoich Variant
    Knock Enrichment Variant
    Drivability Filter Variant
    Seatbelt Variant
    Speed Limit Variant
    Cooling Fan Variant

Be patient as I add these channels to all the various BRP vehicles we added support. If these channels aren't in your BETA version yet, they will be soon.

Check this post as I plan to add more helpful tips.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Great work! Pumped to have that in scanner. Saving us a bunch of time here!
    Infatuated by advancing acceleration in one hell of an aggressive manner.

PPEI.com

Quote Originally Posted by bluessmax View Post
    Great work! Pumped to have that in scanner. Saving us a bunch of time here!
    From what I have seen, most use variant 0, but last week I was working with a customer who was not seeing VE changing on a Commander 1000. Ended up using Variant 1. Once we figured that out, I worked through the code to see what was picking it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
    Anybody monitoring this forum?

3 weeks no response
    I look at it a good bit, work with these ecu's daily.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    I look at it a good bit, work with these ecu's daily.
    Thank you for responding, I have seen your work, Nice to meet you.

However my question was about whether we will see 2022 Snowmobile support from Hptuners.

If you have support, what software are you using?

Ted.

Tuner

However my question was about whether we will see 2022 Snowmobile support from Hptuners.

Ted.
    I see John Whalen is now using HP tuners for his units along with the PV3. Hopefully he will be pushing for support for the snowmobiles. I really like the HP tuners tune table layout and logging software compared to the PV3. I, like you, am patiently waiting for this as I think it would be very easy to support the sleds. As for the new "R" ecu that doesnt seem promising atm but they are just being delivered so time will tell hopefully sooner than later...
    2010 /2SS/Long Tubes/ Magnaflow axle back/LSA Conversion/ 2 bar OS running / Stock Blower Pulley...for now

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by doorev800 View Post
    I see John Whalen is now using HP tuners for his units along with the PV3. Hopefully he will be pushing for support for the snowmobiles. I really like the HP tuners tune table layout and logging software compared to the PV3. I, like you, am patiently waiting for this as I think it would be very easy to support the sleds. As for the new "R" ecu that doesnt seem promising atm but they are just being delivered so time will tell hopefully sooner than later...
    Hmm I ordered 2 180 Rs so I may have to ride them stock this year

Advanced Tuner

Ted.
    It should connect and download the stock tune, if it doesn't, you only need to get the stock tune read. The ecu is the same. Use HPTuners software. Have you tried connecting?

Advanced Tuner
    I have not received my sled yet but I can try it when I get it.

I ordered 2 with 900 Ace Turbo R 180 HP.

Ted.

Advanced Tuner
    I have not received my sled yet but I can try it when I get it.

I ordered 2 with 900 Ace Turbo R 180 HP.

Ted.
    Do they use a Bosch ME17.8.5 ecu?

Tuner
    It will be the same ecu the 2021 x3 RR with smart shock uses. Not sure of the number on the ecu, I havent recieved my new mach z to see for myself.
    2010 /2SS/Long Tubes/ Magnaflow axle back/LSA Conversion/ 2 bar OS running / Stock Blower Pulley...for now

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by doorev800 View Post
    It will be the same ecu the 2021 x3 RR with smart shock uses. Not sure of the number on the ecu, I havent recieved my new mach z to see for myself.
    Ok, it won't do those yet.

Tuner
    Anyone have any issues trying to data log? I can not get the VCM scanner to log at all. It just acts like it's freezing. I also can't find any of the channels to log for this 2018 X3. I've tried using the current Beta and current VCM scanner. No luck. I was able to flash a tune into the X3 with the Beta VCM

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by fctry286 View Post
    Anyone have any issues trying to data log? I can not get the VCM scanner to log at all. It just acts like it's freezing. I also can't find any of the channels to log for this 2018 X3. I've tried using the current Beta and current VCM scanner. No luck. I was able to flash a tune into the X3 with the Beta VCM
    You must apply the os mod, then you can log.

I'm really struggling right now trying to decide what direction to head. I'm more Sea Doo & Ski Doo as my full time day to day work. I have HPT for my hobbyist part time LS tuning, I do have a smaller Mustang Dyne for chassis tuning.

Having lots of discussion with Maptune X, they have been doing watercraft for years & just recently added Ski Doo. Have you guys looked @ their software?

I was hoping HPT would be further along when I checked in here today.

Tuner
    I am the same as you, except can-am and skidoo along with ls tuning. I boughy the mpvi2 and cable with hopes of skidoo coverage.
    Maptiner seems ok but expensive add ons for it.
    If you want to tune yourself get the dynojet pv3. I have one and it works great, i just dont like how their datalogging works,compared to hpt.

Maptune is expensive I agree. They are further along with the 4 stroke BRP products than the 2 stroke sleds. Their canned tune products work as advertised which I like. Then one thing I've not tried is you can display AFR on the factory Sea Doo cluster, they are looking to do that with Ski Doo. I've a long string of technical emails they have replied to promptly, there is value to that. There seems no hesitation to assist with any custom calibrations, value to that as well.

I've not really looked @ Dynojet for sleds. I'm told there is something wrong with the tuning as you move into elevation, we are in the mountains & stage @ low elevation. Does not make sense to me & I've never follow it up. Now we have factory 2 stroke turbo models, the aftermarket has already stepped up.

We have a heavily modified 260 RXP X, that is using a RIVA MaptunX stg 4 tune. I've been back & forth with RIVA with the tune files, I need to do it myself. When I seen HPT was getting involved that was exciting & triggered me to check in here, I did not want have to learn another tuning software.

I'm not looking to do one of, this is my day to day business. The LS tuning has been the sideline.

Tuner in Training
    Hows the flash time for these with HPT? I currently use Dynojet and it's like 4-5, that's my main complaint with their stuff. I looked through the software with a 18 & 20 file and there are a few extra things that DJ does not have which is nice.