Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BRP ME 17.8.5 Tuning Intro

Tuner in Training
    can we use scanner for logging without doing anything else or do we need to right a new tune before we log i tried logging but i can connect but when I hit log it doesn't do anything?

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone tried swapping OS's like non turbo to Turbo'd, 17-19 to a 2020 ect? Will the software allow it and is there issues with keys, gauges, ect?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    Has anyone tried swapping OS's like non turbo to Turbo'd, 17-19 to a 2020 ect? Will the software allow it and is there issues with keys, gauges, ect?
    I have a 2017 X3 I implanted a 1200 sled motor in, stock ecu, using the 2018 non turbo X3 tune as a base. Non turbo doesn't have the pre turbo pressure sensor to give problems.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    I have a 2017 X3 I implanted a 1200 sled motor in, stock ecu, using the 2018 non turbo X3 tune as a base. Non turbo doesn't have the pre turbo pressure sensor to give problems.
    Cool project and thanks for the info.

Tuner in Training
    I cant seem to get my hp to log i can connect but wont log any help is appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 3o5-CTS-V View Post
    I cant seem to get my hp to log i can connect but wont log any help is appreciated.
    Won't log anything at all?

Quote Originally Posted by 3o5-CTS-V View Post
    Apply the patch?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    thank you patch worked

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Apply the patch?
    thank you patch worked

Tuner in Training
    Can anyone confirm if the 256kpa limit can be surpassed with this software on the 17-19 X3's? The old fool the ecm game with larger map sensors sucks. I seen Table#33491 Turbo overspeed max pressure ratio and had high hopes, if it does not will the 2020 calibration get it handled and can you successfully flash that OS in a older ecm with HPT without troubles? I just really hate the map sensor game and would like to use the 3 or 3.5 bar sensors and be able to scale them so everything actually reads correct. Yeah i'm sure the other way works just fine, I haven't got there yet with my other software but will be working on it unless there is hope here .
    Last edited by rcr1978; 03-22-2022 at 07:16 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Can anyone confirm if the 256kpa limit can be surpassed with this software on the 17-19 X3's? The old fool the ecm game with larger map sensors sucks. I seen Table#33491 Turbo overspeed max pressure ratio and had high hopes, if it does not will the 2020 calibration get it handled and can you successfully flash that OS in a older ecm with HPT without troubles? I just really hate the map sensor game and would like to use the 3 or 3.5 bar sensors and be able to scale them so everything actually reads correct. Yeah i'm sure the other way works just fine, I haven't got there yet with my other software but will be working on it unless there is hope here .
    I'm pretty sure you can flash the 2020 RR X3 tune on the 2017-2019 model ecu's, as they are the same. I haven't done it, but will soon, just to see. Have you tried a NA X3 tune?

Tuner in Training
    I have not, might just have to get off my ass and start trying instead of asking. I'm still using DJ's stuff and it won't let you flash different tune files from other machines, looking for a good reasons to switch software still.

Advanced Tuner
    I have not, might just have to get off my ass and start trying instead of asking. I'm still using DJ's stuff and it won't let you flash different tune files from other machines, looking for a good reasons to switch software still.
    DJ doesn't have nearly the amount of stuff mapped as HPT, not to mention HPT logging.

Tuner in Training
    I've been looking through the software, I have a MPVI2 here and have been able to look through the files and try out the scanner. I think I was just limited on the PIDs with the scanner because I have not flashed HPT's patch in yet. Some were available with DJ's patch but likely not as many as with HPT's. Just been trying to decide if it's worth while to buy a new wideband and licenses. So far I've seen the DTC and a bunch of other switches just wanting to make sure I can actually gain something. If I can get past the 256kpa limit using the 3bar sensors without lying to the ecm I would make the switch.

Advanced Tuner
    I've been looking through the software, I have a MPVI2 here and have been able to look through the files and try out the scanner. I think I was just limited on the PIDs with the scanner because I have not flashed HPT's patch in yet. Some were available with DJ's patch but likely not as many as with HPT's. Just been trying to decide if it's worth while to buy a new wideband and licenses. So far I've seen the DTC and a bunch of other switches just wanting to make sure I can actually gain something. If I can get past the 256kpa limit using the 3bar sensors without lying to the ecm I would make the switch.
    What is the limiting factor you're talking about?

Tuner in Training
    can am xx limiter boost .jpg

Rcr1978, prob talking about this turbo pressure limiter? there's the address it'll be around that area if you can hex edit. x3 154 hp me17.8.5 numbers seem to collaborate with what your seeing. capping boost at 7000 rpm around 21 psi??

Tuner in Training
    MRRPM the limiter i'm hitting is right around 36.5+ psi on the map sensor. If it's above this for any sustained period it will close the throttle to roughly 50-52% and then throw a code P006D. I never tried to go higher than 34psi MAP with the stock 2.5bar sensors. With the 3bar sensors installed and scaled correctly asking for more than 36.5psi MAP it will attempt to control boost until it chops the throttle and codes. If I keep the commanded MAP pressure at 36psi it's happy, if I asked for anything 36.5 and higher is when I have issues. I haven't asked for more than 37.5 on the map but it would attempt to get there and would do just fine unless I stayed into it past 60mph. I also think it will not read MAP pressure above 256kpa (37.13psi) because my logs show a flat line there and will not go higher even when asking for more, the DJ bunch also mentioned it would never read above that. The work around was to keep the 2.5bar MAP sensor scaling and just use the 3 or 3.5 bar sensors to fool the ecm.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by VFORCEJOHN View Post
    can am xx limiter boost .jpg

Rcr1978, prob talking about this turbo pressure limiter? there's the address it'll be around that area if you can hex edit. x3 154 hp me17.8.5 numbers seem to collaborate with what your seeing. capping boost at 7000 rpm around 21 psi??
    I can't hex edit, I've fooled around here and there trying to figure it out but it's beyond me with actuallty finding tables. With the adress you provided I could possibly do something, I've added some tables with hex adresses (CAX file) someone else found with EFILive to use for modifying unmapped tables but never with HPT's stuff. Thanks for the HEX address though, who's editor is that? The only one i've ever messed with is WinOLS and just the free version, never the paid one as I figured I wouldn't figure it out.

Tuner
    It says the read was complete, but where do I find the file? Nothing shows. Mine is the ME 17.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
    It says the read was complete, but where do I find the file? Nothing shows. Mine is the ME 17.
    look in "documents" folder, then "HP Tuners" folder, "logs and Tunes"