Thread: Some thing weird with the read

Tuner in Training

Some thing weird with the read

Hi folks new to the site an jumping right in need some advise already . First i have the latest MPVI2 with credits registered for GM an updated . My putter is a Lenovo ThinkPad 256 SSD , Windows 10 Pro , i5 Intel chip dual core 1.9 ghz , 8 GB ram , this should cover HP tuner requirements . Okay here is the issue did alot of reading on how to get your first read an ended up following an artical here for read/write/flash . Both batteries fully charged in truck an putter followed the instructions an hit read it did not give me any options as what to read . But what it did read was the FPM and no PCM or TCM option , this truck is all stock an never tampered with . My motor is 80 % complete few things to bolt on then all the wiring with sensor hook up's , not sure if this would have caused my issue . Another thought is HPT did not unlock PCM to do the read an thoughts or advise ?

What kind of vehicle is it?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    2011 Silverado Gen IV 5.3 . Well here is some more info got everything buttoned up , went to turn it over an no luck battery fully charged . Did a scan an this came up not good from what i have read 0x7EB: U0100-lost communication with ECM/PCM .
    Last edited by LS Garry; 09-04-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Tuner in Training
    OH Boy here is a valuable lesson to be learned . I did a DOD/AFM/VVT delete and never had all the sensors totally done an trying to read my ECM at the same time that is a big NO NO at least in my case . Once i had everything complete it did start and it did read the stock tune was that a big relief !!! Thanks to all that helped an now on the tune .