Thread: v6 fan swap , temp adjustment

Potential Tuner

v6 fan swap , temp adjustment

have a 2013 ram 5.7(well the wife does)lol . did the v6 e-fan swap . still has the factory 195 t-stat . wanted to change the turn on temp so it doesn't have to get up to 225 before the fan kicks on . any help would be greatly appreciated !

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    have a 2013 ram 5.7(well the wife does)lol . did the v6 e-fan swap . still has the factory 195 t-stat . wanted to change the turn on temp so it doesn't have to get up to 225 before the fan kicks on . any help would be greatly appreciated !
    Read your stock tune. Save a copy for backup purposes. Open your tune file in the VCM Editor.

Navigate to SYSTEM-FANS

IIRC, On the left side you will see two boxes with temperatures. One will be the Fan-On Temp and the other will be the Fan-Off Temp. Set them to you liking.

Save the tune that you edited and flash it back to the truck and test.

This my Ram with the 203* thermostat, I recommend setting these temps 2-3* above the thermostat temps, or the fan will fight with the thermostat.

Ram fan temps.PNG

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted CC View Post
    This my Ram with the 203* thermostat, I recommend setting these temps 2-3* above the thermostat temps, or the fan will fight with the thermostat.

Ram fan temps.PNG
    thanks , set mine to 198* for the stock 195* . gonna look into a tune/tuner now . just not sure where/who to go with .