Thread: Throttle closing, Driving myself up the wall with what limiter it could be

Throttle closing, Driving myself up the wall with what limiter it could be

Like i said in the title, My throttle position isnt going above 88, and at higher RPMs its closing down to 50 percent. I attached a log with a couple WOT runs and cruising. What are some of the limiters that could be causing it?

Thanks as always

Car: 2020 mustang gt PP1
    roush midpipe
    roush axle back
    jlt intake
    e85 flex fuel tune (e85 was in the car for this)

throttleclosing.hpl

post the tune. strip out the SAE channels in the logs and replace with non sae ones, add TB angle and accel pedal % add manifold pressure too. Add all pids with the label source in them. remove the mapped points too and for this id shave the temps out as well.

this should be a minimal adjusted tune with basic intake and exhaust. is the maf curve from jlt?

Maf curve is one i adjusted. Didnt have the JLT one available i heard it was kinda rough anyways.

Im adding the tune, coming from dodge and GM this is a whole new world for sure. So any help or advice is always appreciated. Ill get the log after my wife gets home (its her car lol).

ripleynew.hpt

here is the tune as requested

id start by putting everything in the tq management tab (all the limiters raised under general and everything IPC monitoring) back to stock. let it become a limit first. for an intake and e85, stock should suffice just fine.

the maf period ends in the logs right at the funky knee in the curve. try going back to stock curve and simply multiplying the entire thing by 30% or how ever much difference there is from stock, 117mm/80mm=1.4625 x entire curve (this is just for example). ideally youd get an actual maf curve though from jlt or other members using the same intake

tuning the curve with e85 cant be done with flex fuel on. have to sample the fuel and change the stoich to match the e content. if your going to adjust the curve with fuel trims, id highly recommend using a graduated cylinder to measure e content. you may know this, just tossing it out there incase you go that route.

no need to have the throttle wot end start so early. Might experiment with the timing setup that way with the pre-ignition limits being the final cap. MBT is used to calculate EBT and if this timing is a missing (mbt calls for 36, actual allowed is 30) it usually shows up in the tq ratio at wot. to far above a 1 ive had insufficient fuel flow and tb closure, to far below and tb closure as well. something to keep an eye on at least.

throttlecllose2.hpl

the WOT is at the end.

insufficient fuel and injector limit. Which i find odd honestly.

Advanced Tuner
    easy fix i IM u

Figured it out. Easy fix. FYI for anyone else that gets into this.

Direct injector limit. Just bump it up a little bit. Throttle opens all the way and car pulls hard.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bkg06gto View Post
    figured it out. Easy fix. Fyi for anyone else that gets into this.

Direct injector limit. Just bump it up a little bit. Throttle opens all the way and car pulls hard.
    duty cycle?