Thread: hellcat is running rich I think

Tuner in Training

hellcat is running rich I think

I went to our local drag strip this past sat. my hellcat didnt run what I was expected I noticed on the way to the strip just about any time I would get on it...there would be black smoke a little to heavy for me.My best run was [email protected] and that wouldnt have mattered but I also ran my pro chargered scat pack and it ran [email protected] both cars running the same fuel 93 octane with boostane.the scat pack running 7lbs. of boost but the hellcat was running 17lbs. of boost it should have been quicker.I think it's in the fueling but not sure.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by robertrooker View Post
    I went to our local drag strip this past sat. my hellcat didnt run what I was expected I noticed on the way to the strip just about any time I would get on it...there would be black smoke a little to heavy for me.My best run was [email protected] and that wouldnt have mattered but I also ran my pro chargered scat pack and it ran [email protected] both cars running the same fuel 93 octane with boostane.the scat pack running 7lbs. of boost but the hellcat was running 17lbs. of boost it should have been quicker.I think it's in the fueling but not sure.
    Do you have a wideband installed?

Tuner in Training
    yes hellcat has it stock wideband and the scat I installed afr gauge and boost gauge with pro charger

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by robertrooker View Post
    yes hellcat has it stock wideband
    What was it reading? You have all the info right there to determine how it was running

Tuner in Training
    no I didnt have the scanner logging anything....my afr in the hellcat was showing 11.5 to 12 wot but I wish I had scanned ever run but didnt. when your driving normal it just is always jumping from 13.5 to 14.0 it seems to run rich with no throttle just cruising but once you mash the gas it goes rich which it should but I dont know how much....but it's almost like the scat pack and it runs fine wot or cruising.ti wouldnt be wise to copy a stock hellcat fueling to my car? I'm running a 2.85 upper and incognito sleeve so I know the fueling wouldnt be the same. I have looked and looked at the tune but cant find anything that would make it run rich
    Last edited by robertrooker; 09-05-2021 at 10:23 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I live in the country and there are several roads that hardly anyone goes down I guess I could hook up the scanner and make one or 2 wot runs just to see?

Advanced Tuner
    Please note that factory widebands are only accurate if you don't do anything that changes the exhaust back-pressure, at the sensor location.
    ESPECIALLY is they use NTK/NGK WB sensors.