Thread: Need suggestions for a KNOWLEDGABLE LTG tuner....

Potential Tuner

Need suggestions for a KNOWLEDGABLE LTG tuner....

I have a 2014 LTG that has a tune on it know. I own the tuning module and have the the car locked to it already. The tune I have is tripping the CEL. I would prefer a tune that will NOT have that on, obviously...but even a tune that DETUNES the car specifically to pass the NYS inspection is acceptable to....

Car has a deleted 2nd cat, full Magnaflow catback, K+N HAI, and BNR recirc valve.

Who knows there stuff with the LTG and make one of these happen?

Advanced Tuner
    With all due respect, given how authorities are cracking down on emissions defeats, posting on a public forum asking for assistance for defeating emissions (disabling DTCs specifically to pass NYS inspection) probably isn't going to net you many responses.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    With all due respect, given how authorities are cracking down on emissions defeats, posting on a public forum asking for assistance for defeating emissions (disabling DTCs specifically to pass NYS inspection) probably isn't going to net you many responses.
    If the tune modifies the running of the car to where the ECM determines that the CEL is not needed, how is that bad? I'm not asking for a tune with 25lbs of boost and "btw, make sure that CEL doesn't turn on".... I want the light off even if it impedes performance. Honestly, if such light mods and a "tune" make the car underivable (CEL), there was no point in any of it in the first place no? Even better, find someone who has the technical ability to tune the car whiie making the CEL stay off of its own accord....

Literally not asking for anything illegal.

It might help if you told us what the code is.