Thread: LS Swap. Cuts injector pulse at 2K rpm

LS Swap. Cuts injector pulse at 2K rpm

I'm helping out a shop that installed a 2005 L59 5.3L into an old Toyota. They swapped over the PCM, Engine, APP, TAC & Harness. I deleted the VATS, and got rid of some other codes. After the install the engine runs well, but will not rev over 2000 rpm. The PCM cuts injector pulse at this point. I verified this with a scope. It is NOT going into reduced power mode based on data PIDs, and no codes relating to whats happening.
    The vehicle has a manual transmission, but the PCM came out of a truck that used an auto. I tried segment swapping in the manual transmission segment from an 05 file I found in the tune repository. No change. Anything I'm missing? is it looking for a trans speed signal? Any help is appreciated. I've attached the tune files before and after the segment swap.

Thank youLs tune before seg swap.hptLs tune after seg swap.hpt

The segment swapper doesn't work for auto to manual. It's never worked for me.

To save you time and hassle just use the file that was used before the segment swap. Disable all transmission related trouble codes and leave it as a 4L60e transmission. Turn off the transmission abuse mode and turn off the engine side abuse mode. Set that to 7,000rpm and 0mph.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you! I will try that

Potential Tuner

The PCM cuts injector pulse at 2000rpm

Hi
    I need a help with my 2005 5.3 Gen III.
    The engine cranks and runs well, but when I step on the accelerator pedal (In park) the engine will not over 2000 rpm. The PCM cuts injector pulse at this point.
    The vehicle has a manual transmission, but the PCM came out of a truck that used an auto.

Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi
    I need a help with my 2005 5.3 Gen III.
    The engine cranks and runs well, but when I step on the accelerator pedal (In park) the engine will not over 2000 rpm. The PCM cuts injector pulse at this point.
    The vehicle has a manual transmission, but the PCM came out of a truck that used an auto.

Thank you.
    Try this: https://forum.hptuners.com/newthread...newthread&f=23