Thread: Full throttle problem 2-3 gear in camaro ss.

Potential Tuner

Full throttle problem 2-3 gear in camaro ss.

Hello from finland. Forgive me for my bad English..
    I have 2010 camaro ss. My car engine upgrade is: btr vtt cam stage 2 , bbk 1 3/4 longtube with cats, heartthrob exhaust(2,5 inch), kn cold air intake and Chevrolet Performance 88958758 heads. Dynotuned in finland, 432 whp. Stock converter, and stock gear.
    Last weekend i tested first time in strip. Best is 12.9s/174 km/h.
    Transmission is strange. This is a big slowdown!
    1 and 2 gear is fine. When the transmission shifts to third gear, it comes on like a limiter. It switch back to second gear and then the switch to third gear succeeds. I tried 6 times and the same every time. Also in Burn out. There will be a "limiter" third gear. This at full throttle. In daily driving everything works just fine.
    The transmission tune is a ready-made tune from this forum. He was looking for some ready-made tune for 6l80 tranny. Witching time approx. 25% faster, and transmission oil pressures approx. 25% higher. The torque limiters have been removed but someone is wrong transmission tune. I think.
    Thanks!

Senior Tuner
    Log and tune please.

Tuner in Training
    Sounds like your 2 - 3 shift MPH is set too high.

Potential Tuner

tuned and stock tranny

First is tuned tranny, second is stock tranny.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by FinladSS; 09-07-2021 at 11:23 PM. Reason: increase

Potential Tuner
    The situation is pretty much the same as traction control / some limiter would go on. Both.( In Burn out and in full throttle acceleration. And only 2-3 gear.) Of course, I have switched off traction control and stability control. Today I am trying to test without those fuses..

Tuner in Training
    Do you have a log?

Potential Tuner
    Unfortunately i don't have a log. it must be taken. I tested this morning on the street. if i have about 95% full throttle everything works fine. Also 2-3 gears shift work great. I also tried removing the fuses 40 and 43. The only change was burn out would not work at all. The engine does not take rpm if I press the brake pedal. I put the fuses back. Traction control of and burn out is ok. In the first two gears.

Senior Tuner
    Shift pressures pretty high. Log your shifts and if there is no flares you can drop a bit of pressure off.

Reducing shift mph will help as mentioned above. Walk it back 2mph at a time.

For the burnout try the settings attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Noticed your file you loaded x and y axis are changed from your factory setting could be causing issues.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you all. I need change the tune and test in the coming days. If I remember right, the transmission tune is not camaro. I guess there is an s10 pick up with the same engine, transmission upgrade.