Thread: What happened to the Cylinder Airmass PID (P04 PCM)?

Tuner in Training

What happened to the Cylinder Airmass PID (P04 PCM)?

Working with a 1998 Grand Prix GTP L67 tune that I haven't messed with in a while. I've got several channel config files I made for older versions of HPT VCM Scanner that had "Cylinder Airmass" defined and it worked with previous versions of VCM Scanner.

I recently updated to VCM Suite 4.10.4 and now the "Cylinder Airmass" PID no longer works (disappears from the channel list when I connect to the PCM and is not available for selection from the available PIDs list).

Why was it removed? How do I get it back?

These PCMs govern the main spark table using RPM and cylinder airmass. Without this PID, it is impossible to determine where the engine is operating in the main spark table.

Advanced Tuner
    Try 4.11.whatever
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner in Training
    I think I figured it out. I was looking for Cylinder Airmass in Channels when, in fact, it is a "Maths" calculation parameter in VCM Scanner for the P04 V6 PCM (so it is NOT in the channels list).

The Cylinder Airmass "maths" data point can be added to the chart or as a gauge. I had this defined before but I can't find that display configuration file and forgot how to do it.