Thread: BA xr6 burnout car help

Potential Tuner

Question BA xr6 burnout car help

Gday guys,

Looking for anyone who would be willing to shed some info/help. Let me first start by saying that I have only seen HPtuners once but have recently gotten access to it through a mate. I am not looking to do any sort of tuning at the moment, I am more so interested in deactivating/activating any settings and inhibiters that get in the way of us being able to sit on limiter in 3rd for the duration of our runs. Our car is a Ba xr6 ute.

I've posted a few questions on various FB pages asking for some tips but not much came of it except for one lad that had some ideas we could try.

On our first test since putting it all together we ran into some issues, first and foremost being a speed cut at about 180k/hr. Where/how can I raise it to a point that it won't limit wheel speed? Our previous falcon was an 05 xt and speed cut appeared to come in around 230-240k/hr.

Secondly, Torque Limiters. Is there a master on/off that i can switch that will allow all torque limiters to be disabled? If so, is this a bad idea? Will it be beneficial in any way?

DFCO, i was told this was worth turning off? Would this be wise and if so how?

If you can think of anything else that would beneficial to disable/enable to allow us to ring the neck of this poor barra then please throw your ideas/thoughts up.

I know i am asking a lot but if i am stepping out of line by asking these questions then please let me know.

Regards
    Bally

Potential Tuner
    hey mate have any luck with findinng what you can play with

Hey mate, I have done both XR6 and XR6 turbos in my business. In terms of DFCO, I wouldn't completely 'turn it off', as this may cause some issues with over revs. However, you can change DFCO under the Fuel tab, and change the TSS values to something extremely high (like 10k), as your vehicle will limit revs and speed base on TSS. This should also help with speed limiting you are referring to.

I would also permanently turn off traction control under Torque Management, and change the FCTR there too.

Please just note that this is what I would do to a 'burnout' car, or something that would get thrashed, as these changes may cause irreversible damage. By no means would I ever recommend this for a street car. But this should get some results in my opinion. Let me know if you need more clarification my man.

Potential Tuner
    im a complete newb to all this man, please more clarification and as in depth as possible ahaha, my car whhen it finally does break the rears free it only revs to 3500 on the brake? how do i sort that