Thread: Vcm 2

Tuner in Training

Vcm 2

Dear members,

Is it possible to read the transmission file on 2008 Hummer H2 and write it on another used transmission with VCM editor?

Best regards

Sleiman Saade

Senior Tuner
    T42 or T43? It's possible. depending on your procedure it might require licensing both vehicles. With so few details and the intent can't say for sure.

Tuner in Training
    It's 2008 Hummer H2 3/4 Ton Base Model 6.2L, V8, I replaced the Complete transmission with a used one so I want to read the file from the old one and write it in the new one if possible with VCM editor.

Thank you for the help.

Senior Tuner
    So it's a T43? I've done that with both HP Tuners and Tunercat.

Tuner in Training
    Is it the normal procedure to read the file save it and write it to the donor transmission?

Senior Tuner
    Write entire

Tuner in Training
    Let me explain to you what happened, we changed the transmission on this Hummer with a used one so I tried to reprogram it with SPS2 online with Cardaq Plus 3 device and the programming failed many times, now the transmission module has no operating calibration inside, I have the file now from the old transmission but i need to write it to the used one but the problem even with VCM editor it cannot read the transmission now. Any solution please I appreciate your help.

Best regards

Senior Tuner
    Have you even tried to write the TCM with HP Tuners with the file you have? Is the Hummer ECM licensed? You don't have a normal situation and may have corrupted the TCM with your other tool so no one can know if it will write it until you try. Worst case is you may have to replace the TCM. I also have Tunercat OBD2 which would probably write it in recovery mode if HPT won't do it.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I will buy credit and try to write the whole file and see if it works. I will keep you updated.

Thank you for the help again.

Best regards

Senior Tuner
    Since you are going to be doing a write entire I would just write the TCM. No use screwing up the ECM too if something goes wrong. You don't seem very experienced with using HP Tuners.

Tuner in Training
    I bought it in May and I just use it once on 2017 Escalade to increase the speed limit.
    I tried to flash the TCM it will erase and write but still the same,

Best regards

Senior Tuner
    Is the year of the used transmission/TCM compatible with the year of the vehicle. There are 4 different part numbers for TCMs when you purchase one. One for 07, one for 08-09, one for 10-11, and one for 12 and up.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, I hope you had a wonderful weekend, there is a white sticker on the transmission, the main one for the car is 8CKA and the used one is 0CKA, what do you think?

Tuner in Training
    Also is it possible to get a calibration ID file and load it on the transmission module?

The 8CKA is a 2008 6L80e. The 0CKA is 2010. The 2010 file is not compatible with the 2008 TCM. If you tried to flash the 2008 file to the used 2010 TCM, you most likely corrupted the TCM. The TCM can be recovered using SPS but you will need to program a compatible file to recover it.

Easiest solution I would try would be to replace the TCM inside the transmission with a 2008. If you have the original 2008 TCM you should be able to just swap it with the 2010 unless there is reason to suspect the 2008 TCM is bad

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kgraves View Post
    The 8CKA is a 2008 6L80e. The 0CKA is 2010. The 2010 file is not compatible with the 2008 TCM. If you tried to flash the 2008 file to the used 2010 TCM, you most likely corrupted the TCM. The TCM can be recovered using SPS but you will need to program a compatible file to recover it.

Easiest solution I would try would be to replace the TCM inside the transmission with a 2008. If you have the original 2008 TCM you should be able to just swap it with the 2010 unless there is reason to suspect the 2008 TCM is bad
    Thank you for the help, that's what's happened exactly how do I get the correct calibration file for it to return it to normal condition, because with SPS it is reading the chassis of the 2008 and use the calibration file for 2008.

Best regards

Senior Tuner
    You can't. the 2010 TCM is not compatible with a 2008 calibration. You have to put a 2008 TCM in it. I'm not going to reply any more to this thread as you've been told twice now what you need to do to fix it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    You can't. the 2010 TCM is not compatible with a 2008 calibration. You have to put a 2008 TCM in it. I'm not going to reply any more to this thread as you've been told twice now what you need to do to fix it.
    Thank you very much for your help I appreciate it. I understood but I was trying to find a solution for the 2010 transmission TCM so i can return it to the owner as it was before.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by sleiman View Post
    Thank you very much for your help I appreciate it. I understood but I was trying to find a solution for the 2010 transmission TCM so i can return it to the owner as it was before.

Best regards
    The only way to use the 2010 TCM is with a compatible E38. GM released several variations of the E38 and T43 so you should keep the ECM and TCM within the same year. Best bet would be to source a 2010 ECM from a 6l80e vehicle and use SPS to program the same 2010 VIN on both the new 2010 ECM and the 2010 TCM. Your other solution would be to source the correct part number TCM that can be used with the 2008 ECM you have and program the 2008 VIN from the ECM to the TCM.

Use this site to look up the 2008 VIN and see which TCM part number you need: https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/ca...log_search.php

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kgraves View Post
    The only way to use the 2010 TCM is with a compatible E38. GM released several variations of the E38 and T43 so you should keep the ECM and TCM within the same year. Best bet would be to source a 2010 ECM from a 6l80e vehicle and use SPS to program the same 2010 VIN on both the new 2010 ECM and the 2010 TCM. Your other solution would be to source the correct part number TCM that can be used with the 2008 ECM you have and program the 2008 VIN from the ECM to the TCM.

Use this site to look up the 2008 VIN and see which TCM part number you need: https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/ca...log_search.php
    Thank you again for your help I appreciate.

Best regards