Thread: GM guys - adding TPMS config issue

GM guys - adding TPMS config issue

2006 GMT360 (Envoy), not originally equipped with TPMS. LGM has been SPS'd with the VIN from another truck with TPMS, and all sensors learn and report correct pressures. However... every tire has a 'LOW' message and the light is on, even up to 38 PSI.

So I go to SI and it sez:
    Tire Type/Pressure Selection
    Since there are many different tire types and tire pressure combinations for different vehicles, it is necessary to select the correct tire type and front and rear tire pressures for the vehicle being serviced.

1. Install a scan tool.
    2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
    3. With the scan tool select Suspension.
    And here I hit the brick wall as I have no 'Suspension' selection in any menu anywhere.

Is this a BCM programming issue (need to use a VIN equipped with TPMS) or a scantool (VCXnano/Tech2Win) issue or a SI issue (wrong instructions for this platform)?

Is the Suspension supposed to be on the first main screen, with Powertrain/Body/Chassis?

I brought one tire up to over the max the system will report, says LF TIRE 51 PSI LOW.

Yes, I have the correct 315 MHz sensors as used on the non-export UJ6-equipped GMT360s, which matches the VIN I used for the LGM programming (1GNET13HX62329281, 2006 Trailblazer SS).

There's conflicting info all through eSI on this. In the diag for 'Low Tire Pressure Indicator Always On' it says "Ignition ON, use the scan tool to setup the Tire Type/Pressure Selection in the LGM Module Setup menu." THERE IS NO SETUP MENU IN THE LGM! Is this missing setup menu enabled with a different BCM calibration, kinda like how the LGM programming enables/disables the TPM light and menu items in the IPC?

How do I find answers to these questions? I did this many times on Silverados back at the dealer as the 20" wheel package was a common dealer-installed option, common enough that the procedure is even described in a bulletin. I don't remember ever doing it on a Trailblazer... but that was like 15 years ago and I don't have dealer connections for who to ask anymore.

First, there's no TPM menu anywhere if you 'build' the vehicle as an Envoy. Or if you build it as a Trailblazer EXT. ONLY if you build it as a 2006 Trailblazer non-EXT do you get, under Chassis, a listing for Tire Pressure Monitor (right below ABS/TCS/VSES). It is NOT under Suspension, it is NOT in the Lift Gate Module. Eat a bowl of d!cks, eSI.

As-found:
    orig config screenshot.10-09-2021 17.33.11.png
    After changes:
    new config screenshot.10-09-2021 17.34.48.png

BUT THE MFING LIGHT AND 'LOW' MESSAGE IS STILL ON. Story of my life.

Oh, and no codes in LGM, no codes in IPC, no codes in BCM other than rear washer pump ckt which is because the pump is failed and unplugged.

Aaaaand.. it fixed itself by sitting overnight. Of course it did.