Thread: ION Redline Tuning

Potential Tuner

ION Redline Tuning

OK so I'm a newbie to this. I'd like some pointers on tweaking the tune on an '05 Ion Redline. No mods yet, however, going to the GMPP Stage 2 Upgrade for sure. I would like to do a bit of a smaller pulley on it-2.9 or 2.8 Need some idea where to start as far as tweaking the s/w. I'm looking for mid range increases opposed to huge dyno numbers-butt meter rules here. Car will be driven daily and fuel mileage is of relative importance-will rarely see more than 6500 RPM (that's when it gets shifted). Haven't done the mods yet-will after the holidays as well as purchase the HPT suite at the same time. I'm just looking for some good advice and starting points to start tweking and turing dials-the help would be much appreciated!

Tuner
    head over to redlineforums.com man - they've got TONS of experience tuning the things

Potential Tuner
    Been there, done that. I get about 1000 different answers.

well if your wanting to go smaller than a 2.9 pulley you should prob get larger injectors as the stage 2s are pretty well maxed out at that point

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
    well if your wanting to go smaller than a 2.9 pulley you should prob get larger injectors as the stage 2s are pretty well maxed out at that point
    I was thinking the same thing. However, I may stay with the Stage 2 Injectors (42.5lb/hr I believe) and drop to a 2.9 pulley, I just haven't a firm grip on what and how I should tune them.

you will be pretty much 100% duty cycle on injectors,

Advanced Tuner
    yea 3.0 pully maxes the 42lbers except I've been running a 2.7 for a year almost with them and no problems but I see 146+ IDC which is totally unsafe. I'd say staying with them for a 2.9 is fine since it def sounds like you won't be going to the track every weekend like me lol. some things to help stock are take out torque managemnt fix up the VE table a little bit, adjust the maf sensor a little bit, change 1st gear boost limits to help traction, set PE delay to 0, adjust PE fueling to get to a better magic number (11.8-12.1.) But I'd suggest getting the stage 2 and reflash BEFORE you change the ECU. A buddy of mine took his in and they said they couldn't get into the ECU and I know I didn't lock it lol, but they eventually got in (maybe blew the fuse that runs the obdII port lol) and saw it was still stock parameters but claimed we change them. Those all should give your car a nice pep, especially since the stage 2 reflashes are unreliable with some people. Also do raise your rev limiter to 7k. Just cause it's high doesn't mean you will go up that high, but it makes it so you won't hit the rev limiter when your giving it to her.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon