51. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes yes yes please!!!!!!!!!

44 86.27%
  • maybe

1 1.96%
  • no

6 11.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the demand for 2.2 ECOtec tuning?

Tuner in Training

Whats the demand for 2.2 ECOtec tuning?

lets be official

this is for the 2.2 ION NON redline btw and others???

By moderator request:

who would purchase the whole kit not ppl that have the kit and need the software
    Last edited by ac66bronco; 12-13-2006 at 07:41 PM.

I've been dyin to dive into tuning one of these things to see what kinda gains you can actually get.... damnit HP get movin
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

Potential Tuner
    i would love to see something for the 2.2 eco engine... i have been thinking turbo for a while on ym cobalt.... but no way to tune

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    maybe this poll should be about people actually wanting to purchase the hardware/software package to tune their 2.2's rather then people that already own hptuners & have credits left to burn
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    actually, the majority of people who want this don't have credits and are waiting for it to be covered to buy.

I have an entire spare engine in my parts closet waiting to be built, but I'm not going to start until I have a tuning solution like this. I can think of at least 5 owners that would jump on this when covered, if not more. the most common question I get asked at this point is how do I tune my car for boost, I just keep telling everyone to wait
    Quickest stock piece of plastic this side of the Mason-Dixon

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    maybe this poll should be about people actually wanting to purchase the hardware/software package to tune their 2.2's rather then people that already own hptuners & have credits left to burn
    So once HPTuners has our money they don't want to listen to what we have to say / want to see in the upgrades
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

Tuner in Training
    wow 11 votes in a little over an hour. i hope it stays like this

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah they don't listen to their customers...they arent the first & only software to support 2 bar on 98 LS1's...they werent the first to support 1/2/3 bar custom operating systems...there are obviously tons of other tuning software packages for 05 cobalt SS's such as yours right? oh wait thats right hptuners is the only one to support them arent they? Comon man, twist the story all you want the fact is they are doing more for EVERY motor in the GM line up then anyone else out there from I4's, I5's, I6's, V6's, V8's, & Duramax...so don't pull the "they have our money now they don't listen" routine because thats complete BS & completely unfair to them...they work their asses off to get out the best possible product for as many pcm's if they can cover & you wanna play it down like that? Sour grapes man...

Potential Tuner
    I got your back Andy.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    yeah they don't listen to their customers...they arent the first & only software to support 2 bar on 98 LS1's...they werent the first to support 1/2/3 bar custom operating systems...there are obviously tons of other tuning software packages for 05 cobalt SS's such as yours right? oh wait thats right hptuners is the only one to support them arent they? Comon man, twist the story all you want the fact is they are doing more for EVERY motor in the GM line up then anyone else out there from I4's, I5's, I6's, V6's, V8's, & Duramax...so don't pull the "they have our money now they don't listen" routine because thats complete BS & completely unfair to them...they work their asses off to get out the best possible product for as many pcm's if they can cover & you wanna play it down like that? Sour grapes man...
    i dont see how having tuning for the ss/sc has anything to do with this pole. the unfortunate circumstance is that the 2.2 has no tuning options, ive personally had my 06 2.2 ls for just over a year now and some people with 05 models have been waiting more than two years. if the pcm can be cracked i think it would have already been done, if not the aftermarket needs to fess up to the fact and let everyone know. it doesnt make sense to alienate potential customers by witholding information. if the pcm cant be tuned then alright trade this car in for one that can, but we need to know that is the case.

Potential Tuner
    So I joined just to say this:

I don't necessarily think I'd be interested in buying the hardware/software to tune the car myself. However I am damn sure interested in having my car dyno tuned somewhere and its worthless without a way to tune.

I/H/E + 75 shot and no tune Kinda puts me at the limit as far as mods go since anything else will require tuning that we don't have.

So bring it on! And yay for the like 4th poll I've seen here regarding this

Thats my thoughts

Potential Tuner
    I want to be able to tune my 2005 Cobalt. I hate being restricted to bolt ons.

Tuner in Training
    lets keep this going guys lets show them we are serious

Potential Tuner
    voted yes. i've also been waiting patiently for over a year. I have emailed them asking about progress updates, the only thing I ever hear back is:

"Sorry, no updates at this time."

Tuner in Training
    this is excellent come one everyone tell everyone you know that wants this to get on here and vote

Tuner in Training
    To stay on topic and not bicker...

I plan on purchasing the full system for myself IF the 2005 L61 Cobalt with the E16a computer is supported. I also own a Tahoe that can benefit from the purchase.

My question to HP Tuners is this;

What is you current development schedule? Which cars are you working on right now? I know you have said in the past that development for the E16a is not even on the schedule, so I'm a little curious as to what is.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ford, Dodge, Duramax LBZ there are a few others in development as well at this point, but basically its already a full plate.

Tuner
    so... don't complete the GM lineup and start on other makes? gotchya.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The ultimate goal is to have an all encompassing hardware/software package that will not pigeonhole any one tuner or shop meaning that shop doesnt need to just work on cobalts & cavy's or Vettes & GTO's...they'll be able to tune any make/model vehicle under one roof with one hardware/software package. They've had this business plan for a while & have tried to cover as many vehicles in the GM lineup as possible with the time given & will continue to add support & vehicles from the GM lineup in time...which is something that is hard to come by when adding vehicle support which takes 2 months to get a minimum amount of parameters & scanning done...it took nearly 7 years for any custom operating systems to even become available for LS1 computers & that was & is a hugely popular platform.

Potential Tuner
    ^^^ So, in other words, IF tuning ever becomes available, it's going to be a long time... is that the general concensus?