51. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes yes yes please!!!!!!!!!

44 86.27%
  • maybe

1 1.96%
  • no

6 11.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the demand for 2.2 ECOtec tuning?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    maybe this poll should be about people actually wanting to purchase the hardware/software package to tune their 2.2's rather then people that already own hptuners & have credits left to burn
    That does sound like all you care about is money.....I belive that HPtuners is doing everything they can, but you could've worded that a bit better in my opinion.

Also, I do not like how credits can not be switched over to another make. When I was reading a while back, I found out you have to buy seperate credits if you want to tune a Dodge or Ford, even if you have access to 8 GM credits.

Other than that, I love HPTuners and would like to see 2.2 suppourt so I can tune my brothers 2.2
    2005 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC
    2.5 pulley
    Bolt ons
    80 lb Weight Reduction (for upcoming track days)
    My own tune

Tuner in Training
    Wow, relax people.

They are a business, and I for one can completely understand the untapped market of the other car brands. No need to get upset over a company pursuing a viable market.

Now with that said, if HPT is going into additional manufacturers besides GM, do you plan on adding some programmers/staff to handle the inevitable extra amount of work?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfcent
    Now with that said, if HPT is going into additional manufacturers besides GM, do you plan on adding some programmers/staff to handle the inevitable extra amount of work?
    -yes
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

woh there people settle down.... this is after all a business...
    but it would be nice...
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

Advanced Tuner
    If you wanted to go fast within a timeframe, get a car that already has the ability to do that. You don't buy a C6 vette to dump money in it and be faster then a z06, you buy the z06 cause it's just that, the fast model. Why would companies concentrate on tuning a car model that is based on old people and slow drivers, when they have the performance model, aka SS models. Plain and simple you guys will get your tuning but you'll have to wait. If you don't like waiting like almost any other car that wants to tune, buy a performance model. And Foff is 100% right, Hptuners guys have so much they work on, give them time. They are great guys for having so many cars that can be tuned.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon

i would just like to add that IF it ever happened, i know myself and a LOT of other 2.2 ion owners would be flocking to hptuners.
    05ion2mQC

Tuner in Training
    the 2.2 is the star of the GM BUILD BOOK! Give em support!

Tuner
    yeah they don't listen to their customers...they arent the first & only software to support 2 bar on 98 LS1's...they werent the first to support 1/2/3 bar custom operating systems...there are obviously tons of other tuning software packages for 05 cobalt SS's such as yours right? oh wait thats right hptuners is the only one to support them arent they? Comon man, twist the story all you want the fact is they are doing more for EVERY motor in the GM line up then anyone else out there from I4's, I5's, I6's, V6's, V8's, & Duramax...so don't pull the "they have our money now they don't listen" routine because thats complete BS & completely unfair to them...they work their asses off to get out the best possible product for as many pcm's if they can cover & you wanna play it down like that? Sour grapes man...

I am simply responding to your post foff667, don't put words in my mouth cause I never said any of the above. I would rather see HPT develop for the 3.6 VVT, my post was off base, I appologize.
    Last edited by zinner; 12-14-2006 at 04:52 PM.
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinner
    develop for the 3.6 VVT, my post was off base, I appologize.
    I know everyone is frustrated but they get pulled 10 different ways...you want 3.6 support, they want 2.2 support, I wanted LT1 support, Northstar guys want support, duramax guys want support, dodge wants support, etc.
    They only have so much time/manpower to develope stuff for each of these groups...the 2.0/2.4 cobalts shared the same computer as a ton of other new vehicles coming out so basically lucked out with support since its easier to just add new cals rather then crack the computer.

Like Keith said im sure once they get through the next few stages of developement they'll re-evaluate their position & where everything GM stands including the 2.2.

Good luck to all involved & just try and keep it peaceful & civilized. Take a glance at their current supported vehicles page http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php which has all be added in less then 3 years if I remember correctly & try and picture where it will be in another 3

Potential Tuner
    +1
    would like to see da tuning for the 2.2 ecotec

Tuner in Training
    Hey Foff, is the 5.7 hemi and 6.1 in the works for the dodge portion? If so, niCe.
    2005 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC
    2.5 pulley
    Bolt ons
    80 lb Weight Reduction (for upcoming track days)
    My own tune

Potential Tuner
    The HP tuners system is the exact thing I am waiting on. Without it my car will remain boring and unchanged, please dont doom us all to that fate

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Julex
    If you wanted to go fast within a timeframe, get a car that already has the ability to do that. You don't buy a C6 vette to dump money in it and be faster then a z06, you buy the z06 cause it's just that, the fast model. Why would companies concentrate on tuning a car model that is based on old people and slow drivers, when they have the performance model, aka SS models. Plain and simple you guys will get your tuning but you'll have to wait. If you don't like waiting like almost any other car that wants to tune, buy a performance model. And Foff is 100% right, Hptuners guys have so much they work on, give them time. They are great guys for having so many cars that can be tuned.
    shut up, you're slow and I'll beat you in a race without a tune.

the end.

Potential Tuner
    oh and since this doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

Maybe we should pursue another company regarding tuning for the 2.2? Or is this the only option available for GM cars?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by THX712517
    2.2 Ecotec in the '03-'07 Saturn Ion and '05+ Cobalt.
    arent they different computers in the 03-04 cars from 05+? meaning not one but two computers to support correct?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    see that poses another problem, is where to stop...in reality if they put out a product for 05+ 2.2's then pre 05's will still be begging for support which means months more worth of work. Eh well. Guess you can't please everybody in this business.

Tuner in Training
    The ideal would be not to stop. Through luck, HPTuners has the ability to tune both the 2.0 SC and the 2.4 VVT engines, which are used in Ions, Cobalts, HHRs, and Sky/Solstice vehicles. Providing tuning solutions for the 2.2 in the '03-'04 Ion, the '05-'07 Ions, HHRs, and Cobalts would mean that you would dominate the marketplace for Ecotec engine management. You would have tuning for a complete line of four cylinder engines. That's a good marketing ploy right there, being able to say that you alone have the knowledge and technology to cover the entire Ecotec lineup.

plus infinity

free bump come on guys show them we want it

Tuner
    Yes, they are different computers. I included the year range because, well, I want support. I have an '03, I'd like to get it tuned. I believe from '05 and up the Ion and Cobalt share the same computer since they both utilize a MAF sensor. I work at a Saturn dealership, so if there's any information you need, I can try and obtain it for you.
    arent they different computers in the 03-04 cars from 05+? meaning not one but two computers to support correct?
    there's only ONE ECU left to support the full ecotec line - E16.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...2357#post62357
    Quote Originally Posted by IonNinja
    oh and since this doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

Maybe we should pursue another company regarding tuning for the 2.2? Or is this the only option available for GM cars?
    The only other things available to us immediately are 5th injector systems (unichip, megasquirt) or full PCM replacements (umi racing) which take away the "streetability" of the car.
    to my knowledge, anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Julex
    So... the ecotec 2.4 VVT auto's a performance model?
    Wanna trade cars? easy to say "go get..." when you've already "got."
    Last edited by bc3tech; 12-18-2006 at 09:50 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I've been following HPTuners and their progress for the past two years now. I've posted here since about a year ago. I am very interested in proper computer tuning software from a reputable company, which is why I have focused on HPTuners. I have a 2003 Saturn Ion 1 with a large number of bolt-ons, making 132.5 WHP and 144.7 WTQ. Looking at my air to fuel ratio, I do need tuning to fix my AFR, and it will result in an increase in power.

In the future I would like to install a Procharger system, but in order to do that and keep the car as bulletproof as it is now, I would like the support of HPTuners. I do not trust my car's engine to a fifth injector setup that is unable to alter my speed and rev limiters. It has been a pain in the ass dyno-testing this car when the speed limiter cuts in before the rev limiter, leaving me wondering what happens to my engine in those last 1500 RPMs.

I am extraordinarily patient. I would not have purchased and modified a Saturn Ion if I wasn't patient. I know that your business is exploding, and with the ability to support other vehicles, especially non-GM vehicles, all of you will be making a gargantuan amount of money. So I can understand why you aren't dropping everything and rushing to support the 2.2 Saturn Ion. However, I would hope that eventually you will support our engines, ideally/realistically sometime in mid to late 2007.

So to wrap up a long post, you're doing a great job, you've got a product that hundreds, if not thousands, of people are dying for, and you have a great customer base with cash in hand waiting to be tapped in the form of the 2.2 Ecotec in the '03-'07 Saturn Ion and '05+ Cobalt.
    it's nice to see another coherent and civilized post in regards to this in here aside from my own.

some of you guys need to calm down and be a little more understanding.

and Julex I see the point you're trying to put across, but I think you could have worded it a bit better

I'm going to wait it out for support seeing as this suite will do exactly what I'm looking for. right now I have a quick and more than fun daily, so when the time comes for this, it'll be when I probably have my second daily and the new boost build is going in. waiting even a few years is not the end of the world IMO.
    Quickest stock piece of plastic this side of the Mason-Dixon

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    BC3tech
    a. There are people now requesting 03-04 ion's which arent on our supported list meaning there are more then 1 computer that people want supported right now.
    b. As far as 2.4 models remember the E67 computer thats in them is also in the 2.0 cobalt SS, 07 TBSS, 07 Vettes if im not mistaken, Other 07 trucks, as well as a bunch of holdens...the 2.4's LIKE CHRIS STATED EARLIER just got lucky since they are in so many other vehicles it was a no brainer to just add the support.