Thread: Need base tune ;(

Potential Tuner

Need base tune ;(

I?ve been running my 5.3 (L83) / 6l80e with CAI and Long Tubes (1-7/8?) for a while now without a tune. Anyone have a base tune i can load so it runs like its supposed to? Also have Catless Y-Pipe and Flowmaster Super 10. Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by SinisterTaco_; 09-08-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Nobody can predict what the exact changes it needs.

Do the simple stuff like turning off the rear o2 sensor codes and COT in the tune. Some codes are likely to stay forever because you didn't turn them off before you installed your long tubes with cat-less y-pipe.

Past that it's probably been just fine. Get a wideband o2 sensor and you can really start playing with fueling and timing changes to get the most out of it. You'll need to learn how to tune or pay someone to help you or do it for you.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterTaco_ View Post
    I?ve been running my 5.3 (L83) / 6l80e with CAI and Long Tubes (1-7/8?) for a while now without a tune. Anyone have a base tune i can load so it runs like its supposed to? Also have Catless Y-Pipe and Flowmaster Super 10. Any help is appreciated!

I sent you a pm I?m local