Thread: timing goes to 0 deg and stays there

Tuner

timing goes to 0 deg and stays there

Hey everyone, so I have a p59 ecu with cable throttle body. Timing seems to be ok until I touch the throttle, then it goes to 0 deg (because I have the table 12790 set to min timing at 0, then above 2000 rpm is set at -10) and stays there. I cant seem to figure out why the ecu isnt following the spark table. Any help would be appreciated.

The truck is a c1500 with a 6.0 swap as well and the tps must not be working because the scanner always shows the throttle at 0.
    timing issue p59.hpt
    timing issue p59.hpl

Your intake air temp is -38 degrees. You need a iat sensor hooked up. On your spark advance graph, on the left column, you need to make that cylinder airmass and not kpa to read spark correctly.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 09-08-2021 at 06:52 PM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Burst knock is also set wrong. 0.0 means it's always on, you want it at 7.900 so it's always off.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Burst knock is also set wrong. 0.0 means it's always on, you want it at 7.900 so it's always off.
    I think your right, I missed seeing that. I will have to try that in the morning.

Also, the intake temp sensor isnt plugged in but I did zero out the iat timing table.

The IAT sensor still must be functional. It is used for all airflow/fueling calculations.

Did someone change the platform type in this file? The tune and VIN are for a GMT-800 but someone changed it to a GMT-600. You are not suppose to change the platform type.

Also the cylinder volume is wrong, it's got the engine size as a 5.3 and not a 6.0. So airflow/fueling calculations are wrong there as well. The dynamic airflow high rpm disable needs to be at like 8,000rpm and not 1,000rpm because it's speed density all the time and not using the MAF.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 09-08-2021 at 11:33 PM.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I will try to plug in the iat sensor. As for the platform type, i dont know, I just picked up this truck. Supposedly it used to have a 80 or 90mm turbo. It does have a built engine and the trans is only a 3 speed, not sure of the model.

As for the burst knock, I set that to 8 (max) but it made no difference.

I also set dynamic airflow to 8000.

Tuner
    So I tired plugging in the maf since it has the built in iat, everything reads but still the same issue. Any other ideas?

I'd switch the platform type back just because.

Was this thing running and driving before you bought it? Makes me wonder if this DBW computer has the correct drivers to run the cable throttle body and IAC.