Thread: Switching 06 ram pcm to 07

Tuner in Training

Switching 06 ram pcm to 07

I have not bought the hptuner yet but will be soon. My question is if it is worth it to switch pcm? Main reason I want to do it is for transmission and to work from the tune I have from a Diablo but I am assuming if I change to newer pcm the Diablo tune won?t work so I won?t be able to pull it and work from it. Programming computer to truck is not a problem since that is a part of my locksmith business I have the tools for changing vin in pcm but if I change it to 06 vin will I still have the extra controls of the new computer or would I have to change everything in truck to 07 vin which I can also do.

Thank you

Jeff

Also these are specs on truck 5.7 hemi comp thumper cam,90mm throttle body,full length headers with off road y pipe, mild port and polish of heads.

Also anyone know what a good 0 to 60 time would be ?this is all in a ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 with 35?tires and the bad part is still 3.55 gears which will get changed soon lol

Tuner in Training
    Well I was just reading on the tuning school 06 and up ram supports trans tuning does any know if this is true?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyramidlock View Post
    Well I was just reading on the tuning school 06 and up ram supports trans tuning does any know if this is true?
    Tuning options for the 2006 RFE units are hit and miss. There have been a few that have been able to make a few adjustments but not many.

Your best bet is to stick with the 2007+ PCM for trans tuning.