Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 2018 10r80 Coyote Select-Shift forced upshift

  1. #1
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    232

    2018 10r80 Coyote Select-Shift forced upshift

    I would like to get my Mustang to upshift while in Select-Shift mode, rather than hit the limiter. Table 21567 seems to fit the correct description "Trans WOT Shift OSS In Select Shift". This table appears to be 60,000 in the stock cal. I lowered it to reasonable numbers and nothing changed. So, I changed the entire table to read 1000 rpm (23 mph) and Select Shift mode just keeps on working like it always has. Anyone have luck making this work? I've heard it referred to as "roll race" mode, but can't seem to find any other info on it.

  2. #2
    Advanced Tuner JaegerWrenching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I would like to get my Mustang to upshift while in Select-Shift mode, rather than hit the limiter. Table 21567 seems to fit the correct description "Trans WOT Shift OSS In Select Shift". This table appears to be 60,000 in the stock cal. I lowered it to reasonable numbers and nothing changed. So, I changed the entire table to read 1000 rpm (23 mph) and Select Shift mode just keeps on working like it always has. Anyone have luck making this work? I've heard it referred to as "roll race" mode, but can't seem to find any other info on it.
    Post your tune file there are many tables to look at.

  3. #3
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    232
    I would but I have some 3rd party code in there and a legally binding non-disclosure agreement. Tell me the tables and I’ll snip them and post that.

  4. #4
    Senior Tuner veeefour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I would but I have some 3rd party code in there and a legally binding non-disclosure agreement. Tell me the tables and I’ll snip them and post that.
    Ok there mr special agent, this tables seems to do nothing in my experience besides just being there...

  5. #5
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    27
    I’ve heard another way to accomplish something similar is to play with the time-out setting after the paddles have been used with the lever in drive. Not at my computer at the moment, but it’s set to a few seconds stock. Setting that up to like 30 seconds should accomplish the same thing assuming your car shifts how you’d like in D. Just leave the lever in drive, paddle to your gear, you’ll have 30 seconds to got WOT, and it’ll shift automatically.

  6. #6
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    232
    The problem with LID is that the downshifting is still active so it doesn’t lock into a gear like selectshift does.

  7. #7
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    The problem with LID is that the downshifting is still active so it doesn’t lock into a gear like selectshift does.
    Ahhh. That makes sense. Didn't think about that.

    Are your 100% throttle values in Sport shift mode (table 21479) at the same OSS as table 21567? I have not messed with any of this, but I know that from the factory my sport shift map (21479) at 100% throttle is calibrated to shift at like 8400rpm. That way it will refer to the WOT shift map (9690) when not in select shift mode. If your 21567 table is less than your 100% values in the 21479 I'd think it would shift according to the 21567 values, but I am no expert. Just something to possibly look at.

    There is also table 21574 that has some weirdly low values in it for me. I wonder if all these values need to correlate (21574, 21567, 100% throttle values in 21479, and 9690) to make it work in select shift mode. I am just shooting in the dark because it is something I would like to figure out as well once I get around to testing it.
    Last edited by mejohn50; 5 Days Ago at 05:11 PM.

  8. #8
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by mejohn50 View Post
    Ahhh. That makes sense. Didn't think about that.

    Are your 100% throttle values in Sport shift mode (table 21479) at the same OSS as table 21567? I have not messed with any of this, but I know that from the factory my sport shift map (21479) at 100% throttle is calibrated to shift at like 8400rpm. That way it will refer to the WOT shift map (9690) when not in select shift mode. If your 21567 table is less than your 100% values in the 21479 I'd think it would shift according to the 21567 values, but I am no expert. Just something to possibly look at.

    There is also table 21574 that has some weirdly low values in it for me. I wonder if all these values need to correlate (21574, 21567, 100% throttle values in 21479, and 9690) to make it work in select shift mode. I am just shooting in the dark because it is something I would like to figure out as well once I get around to testing it.
    Disregard all this. I set all Sport OSS values in all tables to 6000 engine rpm. Didn’t work at all. Could still run right past all the 6000rpm values in select shift mode.

    21574 is a “don’t allow select shift upshift until this OSS” so it doesn’t help in this instance.

  9. #9
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    27
    This is the culprit. Set 21567 to whatever OSS values you want and set this to 95% or whatever pedal % you want it to shift at.

    select shift.png
    Last edited by mejohn50; 4 Days Ago at 05:11 PM.

  10. #10
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    232
    MeJohn, you nailed it. I wasn’t going to post anything until I verified it myself. The min app wasn’t defined in my cal so I had it added and will be testing if it ever stops raining.

  11. #11
    Senior Tuner veeefour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by mejohn50 View Post
    This is the culprit. Set 21567 to whatever OSS values you want and set this to 95% or whatever pedal % you want it to shift at.

    select shift.png
    interesting, thx for the tip

  12. #12
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    232
    Confirmed. My definition was missing the min app parameter. Had it added and tested today and it works beautifully.