Thread: 2012 GT500 Issues

Advanced Tuner

2012 GT500 Issues

I am tuning a 2012 GT500 the has a VMP2650, VMP Twin 69mm TB, ID1050x, VMP, Boost a Pump, and a PMAS CAI. Its running on pump e85 (so more like e80 around here).

I cannot get this car to play nice. I used the PMAS MAF data from their website as a starting point, but the widebands keep asking for more and more fuel regardless of how much I add to the MAF. Also, the car starts and idles great, but it doesn't make the power that I feel it should. On 15psi, it only made 580whp. I have tried all sorts of different combinations for torque tables and driver demand tables, but nothing makes a difference.

What am I missing? I feel like I am just banging my head against the wall here. I attached the tune and a log below.

2012 GT500 2650.hpt

2012 GT500 VMP2650.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Just in case anyone was wondering, the fuse in the fuel pump booster kept blowing. Gotta get with VMP and see if there's a fix

Advanced Tuner
    You need a fuel system

Quote Originally Posted by doc350 View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering, the fuse in the fuel pump booster kept blowing. Gotta get with VMP and see if there's a fix
    It?s drawing too much current. The 2011 & 2012 have a single fuel pump fuse for both FPDM where as the previous years have (2) fuses. It should have came with a metal jumper if it?s the KB dual kit. The older cars had (2) 30a fuses I think.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm sure the car could use a fuel system. The issue with the tune is the Indicated Torque cell values aren't scaled to a high enough torque to calculate well with the inverse torque tables axis values. Engine Brake Torque should not calculate to more than what is scheduled in your torque tables. Wheel Torque will never be more than engine torque. It's a miscalculation. Indicated/inverse torque does affect fueling.
    Change high loads of your indicated axis to be linear or increase equal. Here's a pic for example. The indicated torque look like they can still be increased below .6 load and then the inverse table should be recalculated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Thatwhite5.0; 09-20-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Tuner in Training
    doc350 ... as I was looking for tunes that uses ID1050X to compare data that Injector Dynamics posted at their website, I came across this thread. I went through your file and noticed some discrepancy on one of your entry. I don't know if this has got something to do with your issue. See attached pic below.

ID1050X Injector Slope vs Fuel Rail Temp.JPG