Thread: 4R/Denso 992k/1GR-FE tuning

Smile 4R/Denso 992k/1GR-FE tuning

Trying to do a basic tune on this thing. Mainly want to get rid of throttle lag and maybe bump up timing a degree or two.
    Anyway, looking at "Airflow" > "Electronic Throttle".
    Seems the Max Rotation angle is set to 87degrees, should this be messed with at all ?
    Or should High and Low load limits be the only ones messed with, since they actually have more or less of a complete map?

Any ideas would be welcome, and maybe this will get "Toyota" subsection a little more proactive.

20210912.jpg
    Figured out throttle response.
    for those who are interested..
    go to Engine>Airflow>Electronic Throttle.
    Desired Throttle Angle>You will have to copy+paste your settings into all 7 Accelerator Table Position Tables (Rev through the 6th gear, they have identical values in tock tune file).

Man, this place is a little slow.
    Has anyone messed with timing tables at all ?
    I assume we can do a couple of degrees on these things on 93 or 92 Octane?
    Man, I really don't feel like putting wideband O2 in this thing ��

Might help to post a file so people can see what youre looking at

Potential Tuner
    13 Taco 4x4 Double Cab
    I have been figuring out some of the engine parameters on this motor. I got the URD(Spec U) headers and 70 mm throttle body. also AEM wideband.
    I began with MAF adjustment or calibration. Learning how to disable closed loop and I made a custom 2.25 x pipe duel exhaust with equal length x-pipe to go with the equal length headers. I also used flowmaster 200 cell cats for the rear o2 issues associated with emission measurements with the ecu.
    As for the electronic throttle I set it to 89 degrees and that was about it i found the peddle commander work alike i have gives me a 1 to 1 ratio from scanning commanded throttle as well as pedal and throttle opening and comparing with stock values , plus i can change it on the flu if I'm 4 x 4 and need different throttle response for traction control.
    I wish I could get into the ELTC tables as well as ABS.
    One of the best mods are adjusting the shift points to get rid of that annoying kick down to first when i mash the gas coming out of my hood one by raising the shift points holding first and second longer and raising the upshift values. I found some great spreadsheet docs that give you a rpm v speed so i could raise the value and figured out how to keep the motor out of the rev limiter that i raised to 6100. Knock feedback and learn are my next course of action.

Potential Tuner
    The motor already has WB up front well somewhat it and you should be able to use
    Attached Files Attached Files