Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you guys analyze my car Thanks VCM inside.

Senior Tuner
    It's the Power Enrichment table. It tells the computer the target AF ratio at WOT.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    It's set up for a 1 bar MAP sensor and some 96 lb/hr injectors. The PE table is crazy looking...it would typically have target values around 1.2-1.3...your target PE exceeds 2.0.
    There are some DTC's that have been changed to No Error Reported, that need to be changed to stock settings.
    Sorry for the questions kevin, but what table would show, that a 1 map sensor is tuned in. Thank Chris

Senior Tuner
    Anyone using at least the same version or newer of HP Tuners that you saved the file with can look at your .hpt file.

PE is Power Enrichment. Look at Engine--Fuel--Power Enrichment. The higher rpm numbers are higher than normal. You could make all the power enrichment numbers 1.26. 14.6 stoich divided by 1.26 is 11.5---about where you want to be at wot as far as AFR is concerned in a blower motor. Those numbers create a reference for your afr error or eq error, which ever one that you are using on your scanner. You need a wideband for wot
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Anyone using at least the same version or newer of HP Tuners that you saved the file with can look at your .hpt file.
    I already downloaded it, Post #17

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    PE is Power Enrichment. Look at Engine--Fuel--Power Enrichment. The higher rpm numbers are higher than normal. You could make all the power enrichment numbers 1.26. 14.6 stoich divided by 1.26 is 11.5---about where you want to be at wot as far as AFR is concerned in a blower motor. Those numbers create a reference for your afr error or eq error, which ever one that you are using on your scanner. You need a wideband for wot
    I already have a AEM wideband, but need to hook it up to hptuners, still working on that, Its been running about 11.5 up top, but recently the guage is saying 12.8 13.2, not sure what is going on.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by corvet786c View Post
    I already downloaded it, Post #17
    You seems surprised he could read it in your post #20.

Tuner in Training
    Could you look at my VCM scans and tell me if everything look ok Thanks Chris

You have to post the scan. Same as you did to post the tune. Save the scan, it will be a .hpl file
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    You have to post the scan. Same as you did to post the tune. Save the scan, it will be a .hpl file
    OK prob will do tomorrow, I think I have a bad O2 wideband sensor, I just bought a new one, heard the AEM Bosch sensors dont last long. Found a post where someone else was having the exact same problem as me. AFR unstable during WOT, but normal driving was fine.

Tuner in Training
    Where can I find thats its a 1 bar map sensor, where are the values at Thanks Chris, This is for my reference.

Senior Tuner
    It's in your MAP settings. Yours are stock.

MAP settings.PNG

Tuner in Training
    I know, Thank you kevin, but I am asking, specifically what are the stock 1 bar ranges, compared to 2, 3 bar etc.

I am looking for specific values. Thats all

It depends on the part number of your MAP sensor. There is no one correct value, not all 1-bar sensors use the same specs.

I'm looking at this thinking you have some work to do if you want everything to work correctly.

1. You need a 2 bar MAP sensor, minimum. I know from your message on tech you want to step up to 12 PSI. Get a new MAP sensor for that application, and scale it correct (set offset, linear values) appropriately.

2. With said 2 bar, you will need a 2 bar OS. That's easy to apply. This will take you away from using the MAF though, but on the Gen III's, it's probably easier just to do the 2 bar OS IMO. Otherwise you will have trouble with MAF limits most likely, either maxing the table or maxing the hertz. Either way, Gen III's are rumored to typically support up to about 700hp on MAF models, but that's with large piping and large MAF's, otherwise the frequency runs out, even if you scale it.

3. 19* of spark may be a bit ambitious, especially if you are having fueling issues.

4. Your VE table looks pretty wacky, almost like it's simply using the bottom row and making up for it with PE settings. This is all kinds of bad juju. You could easily hit MAP values not specified on the VE for fueling where RPM isn't going to make up for it from the PE table. Bottom line is you need real MAP values reflected on your VE. Again, only a 2 bar will fix this.

5. Your low octane spark table is the same as high octane, and MAF is enabled.

6. The MAF is disabled on the DTC pane, but active as far as the PCM is concerned, though it will not tell you if it's failing because it cant. It's definitely one of the DTC's that should be on, if you intend to use that sensor. Pretty important. My vote is to delete it completely and go SD, simply because it works better with these applications most of the time. It's just a bit more challenging to tune. Honestly you should always tune the VE anyway, so deleting the MAF literally just removes a step lol.

There's probably more to see, but right off the top I have some serious concerns here. I'm actually surprised the knock sensors haven't been disabled by whoever tooned this.

Hopefully that's helpful.

Tuner in Training
    Again Thank You for your time Doc to analyze this for me, Yes I have work to do and am still learning this.

Tuner in Training
    Car has been retuned with a 2 bar map speed density, MAF Delete she made 691 580 tq on a mustang dyno. And I believe it at 14 degrees of timing.
    Last edited by corvet786c; 12-13-2021 at 09:16 PM.