Thread: Newbie here and need help.

Potential Tuner

Newbie here and need help.

I have an 03 2.2 that I done the 2.4 intake swap to, along with 42# injectors. My friend gave me a bigger throttle body as well we don't know what size.
    I'm new to tuning and don't know where to start. I'm just an old mechanic trying to spread my wings. I can't get the car to start. I Have an appointment with a dyno, but would like it to run and move enough to get it there. Any tips would be appreciated.
    racecar vats delete.hpt

Potential Tuner
    I know with my experience, the first thing to do is to get the timing and flow numbers from the donor vehicle for the injectors. Plug those numbers into your tune for the car you're wanting them in. After that you'll have to tune for the added air flow. If you get the injectors tuned right it should at least start. Try that and post.

main thing is to get the injector flow rate adjusted for the larger injectors. the larger throttle body wont be too much an issue to drive to the dyno driving normal.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Fellas,
    I ended up getting it running with some basic mechanical knowledge. It pops and cracks but it runs and drives, with no codes surprisingly. At least we have a staring point. My question now is, With this motor, having the 42# injectors with said mods, should i have to put a high flow pump in? I know if I go any further, i.e. valve springs, and more internals, Do you think a pump will make any difference with the manifold, tb, and injectors?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if you can maintain target rail pressure at 6200 rpm on the dyno then you don't need more pump. If the rail pressure dips at any time making a pull then its time to upgrade.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman