Thread: Need some starting advice on VVE tuning on an LS2 with a LSA blower

Tuner in Training

Need some starting advice on VVE tuning on an LS2 with a LSA blower

Hey guys,

I have a nicely dialed in MAF only tune on my '06 V (early E67) and would like to tune in the VVE so I have some redundancy for backup if the MAF fails or at least have the opportunity to try a blended tune.

Questions - should I update the manifold volume from the stock roughly 10 liters to the values of an '09 CTS-V which is ~ 13.4 liters?

As far as the VVE table goes should I start it with stock tune values and go from there?

Also, should I change any of these VE coefficients in the speed density page? (see image)

My original tuner had said he did a rough SD tune on it but it will barely idle and surges badly and dies. I've got the histogram setup for logging from Goat Ropes video, but can't drive it at this point after failing the MAF to try to work on this.

Tune is attached as well. Tune is scaled for the injectors.

ThanksSpeed density tables.PNGSept testing.hpt

Senior Tuner
    You'll change the manifold volume to 13.4 liters like the LSA applications.

No, you will not change the VE coefficients directly. You'll need to study VVE tuning. Once you make changes to the VVE tables (there are 4 total.), you'll utilize the Calc Coefficients button after modifying each table. That will calculate the VE coefficients for you.

It's hard to say if the stock VVE tables will be a good starting point or not without knowing all of your mods.

You mention that the tune is scaled for some injectors. Which injectors are you running?

Tuner in Training
    They are resized LS3 injectors to 65lb. Unfortunately I didn't get good data from them years ago when I purchased as I didn't have a clue, but was told recently from the seller to use the GM 650 data from Fuel Injector Clinic. The tuner back in 2018 on my car had to scale them way down to about 37 but didn't change much of the other injector data. I am just finishing up a new tune with the data from FIC, I have the MAF re calibrated, not sure there's any difference though at this point other than a bit more resolution in the timing table since it now goes to a larger cylinder airmass now that I have the IFR closer to 63.