Thread: T93 trans tuning

Advanced Tuner

T93 trans tuning

Any new news on these? Has anyone tried to swap in a T87?

Contact HHP Houston Horse Power of Houston Tx, Chuck Anderson. He was the first to offer a solution for the 2020+ trans access.

Advanced Tuner
    There's another thread here about this.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...finally-coming

I don't know that anybody on here has independently verified the HHP solution is anything other than a PR stunt.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    There's another thread here about this.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...finally-coming

I don't know that anybody on here has independently verified the HHP solution is anything other than a PR stunt.
    I've used one. Works fine, but it's a t87a made to work.

Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    I've used one. Works fine, but it's a t87a made to work.
    Not to sound like an arse, but is that a bad thing? I’m probably going to go this route and am trying to do research to make sure I’m spending money in the right places.

Thanks.
    Chuck

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
    Not to sound like an arse, but is that a bad thing?
    I'd say its more the manner in which HPP claimed to have accomplished this. Something about everybody "kissing [their] collective a**es".

That's pretty cool you can use a T87A in place of a T93 though. We know most of the pin outs and connector are the same on both, but I'm not sure how they solved the shifter position switch issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    I'd say its more the manner in which HPP claimed to have accomplished this. Something about everybody "kissing [their] collective a**es".

That's pretty cool you can use a T87A in place of a T93 though. We know most of the pin outs and connector are the same on both, but I'm not sure how they solved the shifter position switch issue.
    Exactly. There's something easy happening here. All you have to do is set the gear ratios correct and turn off a torque management code.