Thread: Full S58 JB4 Installed - OBD port problem. Need help/advise please.

Potential Tuner

Full S58 JB4 Installed - OBD port problem. Need help/advise please.

Hey all,

Before installing a JB4 on my M3 comp, I was using the TrackAddict app to capture videos with car data. So I was able to create videos with track map and car data overlays. As you all know, TrackAddict uses a OBD connector to read the car data in real-time during my sessions.

The problem with JB4 is that it requires to be connected to the OBD port at all time in order to work properly and give the best results. So.... now I have a dilemma: If I use JB4 as intended, I cannot have the OBD reader connected at the same time. If I disconnect the JB4 from the OBD port, it'll performance poorly and be stuck on map 1, I believe.

Anyone ran into this and can provide some advise?

Cheers!
    gec

Potential Tuner
    Update on this challenge:

I purchased this OBD splitter (Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Make sure JB4 is connected first and on extension #1.

Everything works well! Both JB4 Mobile and TrackAddict apps are working well, and you can switch JB4 maps and then record sessions using TrackAddict!

Only caveat is that once you set the map you want, avoid switching back and forth between apps as that will kill your session in TrackAddict.

Cheers!
    gec