Thread: Stock 15 Mustang with Trans Swap Throttle Closing/Limited

Tuner

Stock 15 Mustang with Trans Swap Throttle Closing/Limited

The vehicle is a '15 Mustang 5.0L setup as an SCCA T2 car. Completely stock engine with mild exhaust; has complete factory intake. The trans is a Tremec Magnum XL; I have modified the Trans>Manual>Gear Ratios Tables and the Trans>General>Gear Ratio tables which made the car drivable but the throttle is still limiting and timing is dropping out at the top of 3rd/4th/5th/6th. I have modified numerous Engine>Torque Management>General>Torque Ratio parameters (both fuel and spark) with no or negligible change. The vehicle appears to be doing the same thing when revved in neutral so I included that. The factory steering wheel, ABS and TCS have all been removed from the vehicle so maybe its an issue there?
    TransFix5.hpt
    21-09-10 14-14-49.hpl

I get the feeling I'm missing something simple?

Is your speedometer accurate? How is it hooked up?

From personal experience on a 2013 magnum swap, this is very important. I am running the 2 wire sensor on the magnum, wired directly to the PCM. No converter box. Mine was doing wierd shit until I fixed my speedo, it was off by about a factor of 3.
    Last edited by JuiceNA; 09-15-2021 at 06:12 PM.

if you have even a slight vac leak it will mess up the predicted throttle angle and effective area tables, can you do a sanity check and make sure that your ETC vac + manifold pressure = barometric pressure? If that is not true then you need to edit your ETC

I can give you examples that I used.. I had to make extensive modifications to my air model to make my car run right... Look up Murfie, everything he says is gold man... He's good