Thread: Cant raise rev limiter. keep hitting fuel cut

Tuner in Training

Cant raise rev limiter. keep hitting fuel cut

i have a t56 in my RCSB that was originally a 60E. I have updated everywhere i know in the cutoff, DFCO section, but i still am getting fuel cut at 6400 rpms. Truck falls on its face and wont return to normal unless i turn the ignition off and restart it. pic below shows the log right after it hits. you see AF go 18.0. I'm missing something in the tune somehwere.

on the log, fuel cut is as time ticker 5:15:10'ish. its obvious when it happens bc afr goes from 12.9 to 18.0
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TINKRD; 09-13-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Post the tune file and logs here, no screen shots.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Post the tune file and logs here, no screen shots.
    no problem. tune and scan added to original post

Take a look at your abuse mode on the engine side.

See where it says 6,500rpm, that is probably your problem...

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

The VE table and PE stuff needs some work. With TM turned off the min torque figure needs to be brought way down, like to 50% or less. When you went full throttle there for a little while it was still commanding stoich at 6,000+ rpm.

The VE table needs some help because it's not smooth. Also I've never seen injector data like that. Looks like just the flow rate was changed and nothing else.

Tuner in Training
    Take a look at your abuse mode on the engine side.

See where it says 6,500rpm, that is probably your problem...
    thanks for the tip! just went and tested and that was it. been chasing that forever.

Tuner in Training
    The VE table and PE stuff needs some work. With TM turned off the min torque figure needs to be brought way down, like to 50% or less. When you went full throttle there for a little while it was still commanding stoich at 6,000+ rpm.

The VE table needs some help because it's not smooth. Also I've never seen injector data like that. Looks like just the flow rate was changed and nothing else.

what table are you referencing on the min torque figures? the injector change was input by someone else. im still working on the tune. several hands have been in the tune over the past year trying to chase down some issues, so i'm not surprised if theres certain things all over the place.

The min torque % in the power enrichment, it's still at 100%.

You need to verify what injectors this truck has otherwise all your tuning is going to be screwed up if the injector data is wrong.

I can only assume it's pretty well modded if you are trying to rev this thing out past 6,500rpm. The stock valve spring would not handle that and I'd be leery of the needle bearings in the stock rocker arm at those rpms.

Tuner in Training
    The min torque % in the power enrichment, it's still at 100%.

You need to verify what injectors this truck has otherwise all your tuning is going to be screwed up if the injector data is wrong.

I can only assume it's pretty well modded if you are trying to rev this thing out past 6,500rpm. The stock valve spring would not handle that and I'd be leery of the needle bearings in the stock rocker arm at those rpms.
    It has 50lb Delphi injectors and yes the valve train has been upgraded. It?s an LS3 top end with a pretty large cam, upgraded rockers, etc.

233/250 .630"/.615" 113+5

And thanks for catching the minimum torque. I referenced one of my old tunes and that value used to be 20%. So another change by another tuner at some point in time.
    Last edited by TINKRD; 09-13-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Here is the injector spreadsheet that lets you convert the GEN 4 data in the GEN 3 style.

Find a tune that run the 50lb/hr injectors. Likely a later model 3/4 ton truck if my assumption on the injectors is right. Plug the 50lb/hr injector data in and it will spit it out in the LS1 gen 3 style you need. I would do that just to make sure all the data is correct for the flow rate, min injector pulse, short pulse adder and the offset data.
    Attached Files Attached Files