Thread: Keith@HP Tuners...How Many Cars are NEEDED to get a 2.2L Tune out?

Tuner in Training

Question Keith@HP Tuners...How Many Cars are NEEDED to get a 2.2L Tune out?

Just as the title stated....

How many cars (on paper to justify the work) is needed in order to get the ball rolling for the 2.2L guys?

Simple question and thanks in advance for a number and price justification Like i said i am sure guys would be willing to put money up front or half?

Kevin

Guys, we've already stated our position. We will not reasses our current position on 2.2 no earlier than early next year.
    Last edited by Keith@HPTuners; 12-14-2006 at 05:45 PM.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    next year is 2007 the last I checked.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    It really didn’t answer my question as my question was based on how many cars would be needed to justify doing a beta for the 2.2L ions? that my question really if HPT says 500 then we would have to send a massive email spam to all the 2.2L guys that are looking for tuning and I am sure that number could be arranged.

But all in all Keith i am sure is busy and is sick of us bitching about this...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    that poll I think is doing a good job in telling what kinda response we'll get and at least that way we can see that its just not the same person voting over & over.

The fact is their next few months are already preset as to what they are doing so to ask what it would take to do beta Keith has already answered...they would reasses which direction to take when the stuff they are working on NOW is finished...I highly doubt they are going to "drop what they are doing" to now focus on something completly different other then for some recent requests being made. If you want to show them you guys are serious, find all those 2.2 guys that are interested & have them post in the poll thread & vote as well so we know who they are.

Potential Tuner
    I am a 2007 2.2 owner on a chevy hhr any options for me

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    probably, have you responded with the info needed in the other thread?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cperez1217
    I am a 2007 2.2 owner on a chevy hhr any options for me
    07's have a dif ECM than the other year 2.2s... so you'll probably get some support soon i would imagine.

Better not be soon ill be piisssseeeddd!!!! i got the 2.0 for this reason. 2.2 turbo would be baddd asssss. i might turbo my 2.0 then to compete. and win i might add.

Also we need to havea hptuners drag day somewheres. make it hardcore show mad improvements see others cars. itd be hot son.
    Last edited by redhotjamedjimi; 03-23-2007 at 07:53 PM.
    2006 SS Cobalt SC
    Stage 2 ZZP Cams
    Headers, 3.0" Full ZZP Exhaust
    60lb inj. Intake.
    2.8 Pulley
    72# Lb. Supertech Springs
    LNF Ext Valves and lashers
    Cobre H/E, option B.
    Torque Damper
    HPTuned.
    Bitchin'

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotjamedjimi
    Better not be soon ill be piisssseeeddd!!!! i got the 2.0 for this reason. 2.2 turbo would be baddd asssss. i might turbo my 2.0 then to compete. and win i might add.

Also we need to havea hptuners drag day somewheres. make it hardcore show mad improvements see others cars. itd be hot son.
    <--- 2.2 procharged. shitty f'n tune.
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

Tuner in Training
    i see hp tuners has been busy with the ecotec pcm....are you guys thinking of the E16A at all or have you guys even tried to work on it...

i asked a couple of other companies and they say it cant be hacked....? so i was thinking maybe that is why you guys are not going to make a tuning software for the e16a for the 2.2 ecotec cars?????

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by krivera
    i see hp tuners has been busy with the ecotec pcm....are you guys thinking of the E16A at all or have you guys even tried to work on it...

i asked a couple of other companies and they say it cant be hacked....? so i was thinking maybe that is why you guys are not going to make a tuning software for the e16a for the 2.2 ecotec cars?????
    it has nothing to do with that. Those other companies you've spoken to are NOT hptuners.

Well put Bill.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...