Thread: Question about Injector flow Data on LS3/480

Question about Injector flow Data on LS3/480

So ive had this LS3/480 in my Road Race car for awhile, Injectors are stock. When I finished up the Swap I had the car tuned many years ago ( I did not have HPT or anyway to check the tune at the time). The car always ran great, Tune is good, made Great Power. But now im looking to start changing parts and get Bigger Injectors.

If the Stock LS3 Injectors are 42 Lb/hr @ 58PSI, why would my tuner multiply my Injector Flow Rate VS Pressure table by pretty much 27 % across the whole table? So the ECU thinks I have 56-57 LB Injectors at 58 PSI, and only have 42lbs. Is there any reason or benefit to Raising the Values like this? I can no longer contact the guy who made this tune, But I can say he is VERY smart, Highly successful person in the tuning world. Just wanna know why change the Values like this?? And once I put bigger Injectors, im sure ill have to rework my VVE table all over again.

240-MAP-Tune#51.hptLS3-480StockMap.hpt

100% throttle required to enable PE with a 7500 RPM delay? What's the guy been smoking?

(Is Swap the name of the car or something? Or do you just have a phone or whatever that capitalizes Random words without Your Consent?)

And the 'do not touch' tables at Desired Throttle Area (see, that's capitalized to show I mean the proper name of a specific thing) have been diddled, which probably explains why P0601/606 DTCs have been set to no error. Sheesh.

No that #51 file is MAF turned off and failed along with everything else for MAP tuning purposes.