Thread: ambient temp sensor causing biased IAT?

Tuner in Training

ambient temp sensor causing biased IAT?

Have an L83 swap with some mixed components and lots of headaches. Engine and trans is a 2017 5.3 and 6L80E 2wd. I was sent the wrong harness for the engine, they sent me a harness for a 2015. I was able to re-pin the ECM to make it work with the 2017 PCM. Starts and idles haven't run it too much since I don't have exhaust yet. I'm in the process of getting the correct harness from GM. Until then, I plan on playing with this one to learn as much as I can.

Question on the Ambient Temp sensor. I'm getting a code for it and it shows -40 on the PID. When I go to start the engine, I'm seeing an IAT of about 30 degrees even though my shop is a nice cool 70. Will the AAT sensor cause the IAT to be biased, I mean does the PCM get a base line for temp from the ambient temp sensor? I know that sensor is missing, as the hack vender I bought the setup from hacked off that connector for the blue/gray and black/blue circuit at the LF of the engine. I realize that the AAT is normally used primarily with the HVAC system, but since this is my first gen V swap, I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has run into this before. Haven't had time to delete the code and MIL request, been working out of town for a few days. I'll try it when I get back and update.

I delete the codes for ambient temp

Senior Tuner
    ambient temp isn't used, the bias is between the iat and ect if u log MAT pid it will show u what value its using