Thread: RIV limiter hangs

RIV limiter hangs

greetings .

short story that i got a 2006 hemi with heavy mods on it and the tune isnt bad but i did every thing i know to get rid of the stupid hang that happen at the riv limit , its when i hit the limit rpm it just lose power and hang there like an idiot until i shift ! i want to bounce riving like the new srts but i got no luck , i even swapped to 2007 and 2010 srt ecu also couldint make it bounce riv and i got on her mtcm .
    plz if any one knows how make this happen because when it hang i guess its fuel cut or some it looks and sound stupid and lose power .

i will post my tune so any one can give and advice on that .

the car have cam and heads and manifold and nitrous and lot of modes including upgraded gearbox and 3.92 rear gear .

thanks in advance .nightmare 103.hpt

ok over 60 views and no one get an answer ? lool

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GeForce1986 View Post
    greetings

short story that i got a 2006 hemi with heavy mods on it and the tune isnt bad but i did every thing i know to get rid of the stupid hang that happen at the riv limit , its when i hit the limit rpm it just lose power and hang there like an idiot until i shift ! i want to bounce riving like the new srts but i got no luck , i even swapped to 2007 and 2010 srt ecu also couldint make it bounce riv and i got on her mtcm .
    plz if any one knows how make this happen because when it hang i guess its fuel cut or some it looks and sound stupid and lose power .

i will post my tune so any one can give and advice on that .

the car have cam and heads and manifold and nitrous and lot of modes including upgraded gearbox and 3.92 rear gear .

thanks in advance .nightmare 103.hpt
    I haven't looked at the tune yet as I am using my phone right now. Is this a tune from a 2006 LX car with an EGS52 or EGS53 TCM?

Do you have a copy of the trans tune?

deactivate throttel adaption.

Quote Originally Posted by f.creek-ranch View Post
    deactivate throttel adaption.
    and what this option do ? i found it in my tables but there is no info about the effect , if you an light us a candle about it ser .

thanks .
    Last edited by GeForce1986; 09-19-2021 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fast69mopar View Post
    I haven't looked at the tune yet as I am using my phone right now. Is this a tune from a 2006 LX car with an EGS52 or EGS53 TCM?

Do you have a copy of the trans tune?
    i included full tune

i included full tune
    Oh total brain fart, I had the throttle hang for the longest time.....
    There's an adjustment to stop it but I did it using Syked software on my old tuner from him......

Just checked my old notes.........
    ---------------------------------------------
    8-22-16
    Also Changed Idle/Min Allowed Airflow to the 550rpm setting

*******************Throttle hang is practically gone******
    ----------------------------------------------
    This was a note to myself back in 2016 when I was using Syked Ecu. You will have to search Hptuners software for that setting if there is one

Everything about this post is backwards.

A Rev limiter is not a shift indicator. Its a fail safe.

The engine should never hit the rev limit, if driven properly.

The smoother the RPM limiter is, the safer it is for the engine and drivetrain. A lot of effort is put into making Rev limiters as smooth as possible.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by duster360 View Post

The smoother the RPM limiter is, the safer it is for the engine and drivetrain. A lot of effort is put into making Rev limiters as smooth as possible.
    That's why I spend most of my time in the Mopar HP Tuners facebook group instead of here.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    That's why I spend most of my time in the Mopar HP Tuners facebook group instead of here.
    not a bad idea

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by brr View Post
    Oh total brain fart, I had the throttle hang for the longest time.....
    There's an adjustment to stop it but I did it using Syked software on my old tuner from him......

Just checked my old notes.........
    ---------------------------------------------
    8-22-16
    Also Changed Idle/Min Allowed Airflow to the 550rpm setting

*******************Throttle hang is practically gone******
    ----------------------------------------------
    This was a note to myself back in 2016 when I was using Syked Ecu. You will have to search Hptuners software for that setting if there is one
    Got anymore info in this mate? Wish I got my hands on the Syked tuning suite when I could.
    Could you show us what this table looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by duster360 View Post

bro i dont want fail safe i want to enjoy my weekend car and riv it like sport cars do before shift it ,
    now it nose down and lose power if i hit the last rpm on the tune and just hang there like an idiot and look bad ,
    so kindly if you know from where i can remove this curse i will be in debt of you .

thanks .

up and looking for A HELP

guys any one ?

Tuner in Training
    What RPM are you exactly looking to shift at?

Quote Originally Posted by 732mopar View Post
    What RPM are you exactly looking to shift at?
    i shift at 6700 but what i look for that if i didnt shift i want it to riv hard not just hang and stop

Tuner in Training

Tuner in Training
    i shift at 6700 but what i look for that if i didnt shift i want it to riv hard not just hang and stop
    Notice the TCM limiter and the Engine RPM limiter. Give it a shot, see how it feels and get back to me

Quote Originally Posted by 732mopar View Post
    Notice the TCM limiter and the Engine RPM limiter. Give it a shot, see how it feels and get back to me
    ok bro i will try it and feed you back >

thanks a lot