Thread: Looking for the hive to check tune for safety purposes

Potential Tuner

Looking for the hive to check tune for safety purposes

Ok, I've been working on learning the basics of tuning my swap and I'd like some feedback on it. Started with an 02 truck 5.3 thats .030 over with flat top pistons, 243 heads, ss2 cam, returnless fuel rail with 25lb injectors. stock otherwise. I used an L33 tune to start from as it seemed like the best choice for the setup. I did the base idle airflow twice in p/n & in gear. Made 6 drives of VE tuning and 3 drives of MAF tuning. I know I'm going to need to go back and visit all that stuff again several more times but I need to take a break for a couple of days and I want to be fairly confident that nothing catastrophic will happen if I drive around with the tune setup the way it is. So all that being said if anyone could take a look at it and give me some feedback I would appreciate it.

The driving log was recorded from a cold start letting it idle up to 180ish before I started driving. I wasn't sure if that info would help or not but I thought I'd add it. And I know that my scanner setup is not perfect either so any advice on that front would help too.

Thanks, James
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks pretty good for a drive around. No WOT until you get a wideband installed with HPTuners. Your intake air temp is pretty high and your IAT sopark table is pretty agressive. I would modify it as the attached so it doesn't pull so much timing. You will need larger injectors soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner
    I actually have a wideband installed. I wired it in using the egr input thru the pcm. I plan on building a "box" type of enclosure around the air filter to hopefully lower the intake temps. I hadn't looked at the spark tables very much at all yet. I've also been wondering about the map readings. Seems like the kpa numbers are higher than they should unless that's just life with this cam. I'm not in a hurry to get to WOT pulls since it very rarely sees that in real life so I figured it could wait until I have learned a little more.