Thread: Polling error MVPI

Polling error MVPI

I am trying to write an E39 processor and am getting a "polling error" when I try to license the vehicle. I had 8 GM credits and have only licensed a 2008 Vette (2 credits) so I have 6 available. I have tried 2 different USB cables with no change. If I hook up my MPVI2 it will show the licensing options. I have the MPVI registration code logged into my account on HPTuners.com and the software recognizes the interface as valid.
    Suggestions?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I replied to your ticket a short while ago. Good chance your usb cable is failing or has failed.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Update your software, you are using 4.8 which is old software and no longer supported, there is a small chance this is causing your issue(ie using old software)

Make sure you insert your app key into the software under Help-application keys, the infolog is showing that you have not entered your application key which would be a cause for an error

Try a new usb cable, polling errors typically mean either your usb cable is failing, has failed or your usb port on your pc/MPVI device has failed, this would also explain #2 above as the app key won't appear in the infolog if the software isn't identifying the device properly

Ok for those that find themselves in the same situation. I am using the customers MPVI to tune their car.
    Step one: go to your HPT account online and register the MPVI serial number and application key.
    two: enter the application key in the VCM editor software in the help/MPVI application key menu.
    If you do it out of order the Editor will not accept the key and if you only do it online you will get the polling error.