Thread: Kenne Bell on a 2019 5.7 challenger and a Cam having a hard start issue

Kenne Bell on a 2019 5.7 challenger and a Cam having a hard start issue

So I've got this KB 2.8 on 2019 Challenger 5.7 with a Thumper Cam and I'm having the hardest time with the hot restart. Car fires right up when cold but I've gotta hit the pedal for it to fire when it's hot. I'm working the rest of the tune but this part has me pulling my hair out, so if anybody has some tips I would greatly appreciate it. Thank is advance.

15.hpt
    RAW Racing in Tampa, Fla.
    Providing custom LS tuning and performance upgrades.

Advanced Tuner
    Try pulling fuel from the start up table or adding start up air and see if that helps

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out. I used a 2021 HC as an example and took the startup fueling and startup airflow then added spark to startup min. I?ll post the tune when I get a chance for anyone else having an issue in the future.

Tuner in Training
    could you post that file up? having hot start issues on my boosted 5.7.

Potential Tuner
    Having exact same issue on my 2019 Challenger 5.7 with Kenne Bell and a fairly aggressive cam. Would really appreciate seeing that file!

I'm also getting a hanging rev issue when I put the clutch in at around 2k rpm. I'm having a really hard time finding the solution to that.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks to this file I was able to fix my 2k rev hang issue. I'm now getting a bad idle surge and the car is shutting off when the clutch is put in at speed and at stop lights. I've attached the tune file I'm using if anyone is interested in taking a look. Apologies for hijacking this thread. I'll start a new one if the conversation dictates it.SC Cam 09302021 TBodyAFModel decr.hpt

Here's a stock 2019 5.7 RT if anyone is interested.
    2019 Dodge Challenger Stock.hpt
    Last edited by Race888; 10-01-2021 at 10:04 AM.

It looks like your VVT settings were left stock. What is your cam profile?

Your VE tables look stock as well.. Is there a chance you attached the tune that isn't for the SC and Cam?

I see some timing changes still not sure how the stock VE table would work. how much boost?

Potential Tuner
    Cam: 213/230 .60x/.59x lift.

The ANN has been left Enabled, so that's why the VE tables are unchanged. Not sure if that's correct or not.

The KB should be going up to around 8lbs of boost at WOT. I need to set up a PID to track that in Scanner. If someone has a good boost-oriented layout file, I would greatly appreciate it!

I will get you a layout to use. Also do you have a wideband band O2 sensor? I think you need to take a close look at your AFR.

If you want to give this layout a shot you should be able to see what is going on.
    Last edited by McCloud; 10-04-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I do have a wideband.

I'm not seeing the layout file attached to your post...

Quote Originally Posted by Race888 View Post
    I do have a wideband.

I'm not seeing the layout file attached to your post...
    Not sure what happened there.. Trying again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Thanks very much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Race888 View Post
    Thanks very much!!!
    You're welcome, I assume you figured out you need to remove the .xml extension?