Thread: Any criticism welcome, Assistance is appreciated.

Potential Tuner

Any criticism welcome, Assistance is appreciated.

I have a headcase of a project I've been working on and instead of continuing to beat my head against the wall while trying to cut my teeth tuning I figure it best for me to open up to any of you willing to pitch some help my way. First time tuning at all: SO EXPECT STUPIDITY.

The project is a 2007 Silverado Classic (HYBRID) 4x4, with the hybrid system fully removed. Now it has a 218/227 cam, decked 799 heads, and TBSS intake. HPT doesn't support the Hybrid computer so I had to swap in a p59 and an engine wiring harness, that already had someone else's tune on it. I was able to get it to start with that tune so I just went ahead and licensed it without knowing of the compare function . Then realized the entire tune was for a 6.0 and some really weird trans settings. I did my best to change everything back to a stock 06 Silverado tune from the repository.

Since then, I've added idle airflow and idle, changed the over/underspeed timing, increased base timing, and increased the idle scalar inspired by hours of youtube watching and forum research.

Issues: The truck will start and then go into a low struggling idle until it dies despite a commanded 900 rpm idle. If I hit the gas it'll stay running, based on my pending youtube tuning certification, I went in and would add more to the idle air flow incrementally. I took it for a drive just to see if it'd shift gears, and it would self propel gradually to the point of about 20mph without ever hitting the gas pedal. Came home, put it in park and it idled fine . I've spent the better part of a week making small moves attempting to get to the actual in gear tuning. Included is the log file showing both the idle and drive. Thanks for any assistance you're willing to give, and you're welcome for the entertainment.

53-60e-v2.8-incidleair2%.hpt
    v2.9wontidleoffstartup-shortdrive-returntoidlefine.hpl
    Last edited by pieces; 09-15-2021 at 10:24 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Update: Made the entire tune mimic one from the repository, and am starting fresh with it. I had found a few more tables that were off. Should've done that to start with I suppose.

Senior Tuner
    Your VE table is still stock. You'll have to get it dialed in to eliminate the surge.

In the meantime, go to the Engine tab, Airflow, Dynamic and reduce the High RPM Disable to 200 rpm. That'll force it to reference the MAF only for now.