Thread: G8 with E-force 2300 surging off idle

Potential Tuner

G8 with E-force 2300 surging off idle

Hello, I am at my wits end with this tune. The car surges and dies off idle to the point that it goes from barely running to max boost when I let out the clutch in first gear. The previous tuner didn't know what the hell he was doing and even changed the injector tables to FIC injectors even though I have ID1050x ones.

attached is my tune and last log.

Help pleaese!

6.6l Forged stroker, 823 heads, E-force TVS 2300 at 7lbs., LSA drive, ID1050x, Fore Innovations Dual 450 with controller on 2psi fuel switch, 58psi adjustable FPR (Boost Ref), Twin disk clutch, 230/242 .615/.600 113 LSA, Comp 1.73 roller trunions, GXP TR6060, 3.45 rear diff., Kooks 1 7/8" Kooks green cats, Corsa exhaust
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Grey Ghost; 09-15-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You can start by entering the correct 1050x data from the ID website adjusted for your boost referenced fuel system and with the flow rate scaled 50%.

If you could, post another log file so others can help. I was not able to open the log.

Hey Eric.... (and I'd like to say for those reading that I was *NOT* the aforementioned tuner).. I replied to your emails tonight and 2 of them in May that I never heard back from. Hotmail and Yahoo both hate my mail server. It's private, never been a spam center, but if they don't can messages, they seem to not deliver them at all. Check spam, but I have been replying.

I'd be happy to take 'er in.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Potential Tuner
    Steve, you are correct, your tuning made my car run like factory! I replied to the email.

attached are more logs if anyone can open them
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner

Updated log and tune

21-09-23 20-43-00.hpl23 sep.hpt21-09-23 18-10-11.hpl

Can someone look at these logs to see where I can go?

Advanced Tuner
    Your injector data is still incorrect. Go here and find the correct ID1050x data for HP Tuners. Read the Notes tab in the excel file for instructions on MAP referenced (boost ref) fuel pressure inputs.
    http://help.injectordynamics.com/sup...aracterization

You should also compare your tune to a stock GT (or is this a GXP?) and see everything that is changed (it is a lot). You'll have to determine why certain things were changed. If you have no good reason for a particular change that was made, set that parameter/table back to stock.

Needs fuel based of the ~1.27 lamda and 10%+ trims in the same area you say it stumbles. (About 3400-4900hz on the MAF table)

Take it to a pro or contact someone that does remote work from the forum. I think that will be the quickest way to fix this.