Thread: Speed density issues. Help!!

Tuner in Training

Speed density issues. Help!!

ittle long but need some help. Little back story about a year ago broke my cam. Upgrade to Texas Speed stage one cam and upgraded valve spring, lifters, push rods and DOD delete. Didn?t have a wide band so tuned it best I could with narrow band just to get it on the road. But recently been running little rough so started tuning again. Got the MAF dialed in and moved on to speed density but feel like I?m chasing my tail here. Wideband should be on this weekend so I can get a better tune. First run was super lean logging around 11?s so bumped whole table 6%. Got much better, but now on the rich side. Made a run/adjustments started running lean, made another run/adjustment now running rich again. Yes I am making %-half adjustments. Also engine light came on today, checked my DTCs and have P0103, U0101, and U0422, and DTC readiness test showing incomplete for fuel system, evap, o2, O2 heater, and EGR. Cleared DTCs and made a run and the truck is gutless. it is lagging bad and have no power. During data logging (still narrow band) I?m getting a lot of 0.0s for the first few miles before it starts giving me actual readings accross the board but seems intermittent. Kind of lost and need help!! Any ideas? Also live in the desert and get temp swings of 30-40 degrees not sure how much that could effect my tuning.

Tuner
    Post the tune and a log of it. First thing is not sure how you are factoring you are in the 11's with out a wideband, also 11's are certainly not lean but rich. Super lean would be 14 or higher. Pig rich is 11 and lower. Are you resetting the long term fuel trims after to make an adjustment to the tune and write to it? If not you should be. Sometimes the pcm will store the old fuel trims even after you flash it. The p0103 is a maf code for high voltage. This needs to be addressed before making any tuning adjustments especially when you are trying to scale the Maf. Another thing that comes to mind is when you are tuning the VVE table did you max out the maf to disable it? Its a lot I know but tuning takes time for sure. Post up the tune and a log of it that it will give us somewhat an insight of what is happening, but without a wideband your shooting in the dark on what your actual AFR is...

Kind Regards,
    Ryan

Tuner in Training
    should have been more specific when i said it was lean at 11s, i ment on my ltft table during data logging it was at 11 not afr. ive attached my current tune file. having issues with it attaching my last data log but i will try in another reply. i did max out my MAF so it would force it over to speed density hence the maf code. i do go in and reset my ltft after every log. still seems to be moving around alot. did notice today during a run that when i accelerate, my ltft are maxing out at the bottom of the table at .93 with about 35% throttle and thats when it starts lagging and i loose power and struggles to accelerate.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    was unable to attach the last data log i did but this is the one right before it.
    Attached Files Attached Files