Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo Silverado L83 Torque Management Issue

Tuner in Training
    Hey,

If you don't mind, can you use these logging channels and do a longer log of like 15-20 min when the engine is good and warm? You last log the engine was just getting up to temp and there's a lot of missing data..

C

Quote Originally Posted by lynmup View Post
    Bring this back to life...

I have been plagued with TMA at 5,900 RPMs for ever and I am going to give this a try to see how it reacts. Every time I hit 5,900 RPMs at .66g, it pull timing for about .2 seconds then goes back to normal all the way to shift @ 6,500.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I sorted it out but thanks for the reply chadtunes

Tuner in Training
    What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by chadtunes View Post
    What was it?
    Apparently it was preventing all the torque during shift which was causing the TMA to kick in. Setting these to disable basically turns off (or down) the torque management. Also someone noted that my shift times were way high so I adjusted those as well. Had to play with the Virtual TQ at that range until I finally got the numbers right. Too much and it would pull throttle, too little and TMA would kick in...very finicky!

Once I install my twin turbo kit, I 'll enable these and go from there so I don't destroy my transmission.

This was also discussed over here in more detail...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lynmup; 05-24-2023 at 04:23 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks for the info. I'm working on a stroked 6.2 and will be adding a turbo at some point once it's in the truck..

I did have a ProCharger with 18psi boost but never got that far with it before I removed it. I was able to get the fueling almost perfect so gonna use that as my starting baseline tune so I don't have to manually build the VVE table again. What a pain!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lynmup View Post
    I did have a ProCharger with 18psi boost but never got that far with it before I removed it. I was able to get the fueling almost perfect so gonna use that as my starting baseline tune so I don't have to manually build the VVE table again. What a pain!
    Yea, that's good to hear. I recently got my 07 F350 dialed after 2 years of head scratching. I'm trying to get ahead of it by digging into others logs, building up histograms, graphs looking for trends and getting all information I can get so it's not such an uphill battle.

C

Quote Originally Posted by chadtunes View Post
    Yea, that's good to hear. I recently got my 07 F350 dialed after 2 years of head scratching. I'm trying to get ahead of it by digging into others logs, building up histograms, graphs looking for trends and getting all information I can get so it's not such an uphill battle.

C
    For these Gen V's, the fueling is not too hard to get right however the other tables that exist within the GEN V's are the issue. Not every description is exact or accurate when you hover your mouse over the selection.