Thread: Jeep jtec pcm baud rate time out

Jeep jtec pcm baud rate time out

any solution my interface MPVI2+ was working perfect but today it stopped reading any jeep cherokee file 96 to 01 . I asked me for a vin # and I did every step until it said BAUD RATE TIME OUT and it was unable to read the file. It was weird because I have another MPV2+ and it works fine. any ideas why it happens or it is something wrong with the interface. also, I tried to use with a chevy and it works fine so I guess it is something with the interface.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-16-2021 at 03:02 AM.

Potential Tuner
    how you fix it got same problem

Tuner in Training
    Having the same issue.

Tuner in Training
    Same issue here on a 1999 Ram JTEC+. I was told after reporting it that I'd need to have it reflashed with another tool and then try using HPT again.

what I would like, is to have a working PCM at no additional cost to me since I followed every step to the letter and was told that the problem is due to an issue with the MPVI3. However, I know the likelihood of that actually happening.

What I EXPECT, is a refund of the credit I purchased to program the vehicle, since I'm having to shell out additional money to fix a problem that was clearly not expected by HPT since the vehicle was and is on the supported vehicle list and no indications were given that there would be a problem.

The MPVI3 wasn't sold to me as an experimental or beta testing product, it was sold to me under the advertisement that it would support ALL vehicles that the MPVI2/2+ would support. Obviously there are always going to be issues, but selling a product to a customer and then the customer being financially responsible for what is clearly a failure in the R&D process, is just silly.

I've had great experiences using HPT on GM vehicles, but I'm just not sure supporting or promoting HPT is viable for me in the future if this is the result.