Thread: Bluetooth OBD2 readers disconnect after two minutes (Android)

Potential Tuner

Bluetooth OBD2 readers disconnect after two minutes (Android)

I've tried both a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE and a Kiwi 2+ with TrackAddict. I've paired both successfully and according to the raw data log, everything logs just fine for about two minutes.... and then nothing. I'm also using an external Bluetooth Garmin GPS simultaneously. It's not clear whether that cuts off or not, as TrackAddict might revert to the phone's GPS (though if that's not the case, it would be good to know).

I can stream music over Bluetooth (not while using TrackAddict) for hours, so I'm skeptical that it's a Bluetooth issue, but I'm open to ideas.

I also googled arround to see if Porsche limits connection time on the OBD2 port, but couldn't find anything. I have a 718 Cayman. I've definitely used the OBD2 port several times for more than 2 minutes, though not on a device that is actually powered though OBD2. IIRC, the LED power light on the OBD2 stays on even after the disconnection.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    SUCCESS!!! So, after reading some tangentially related forum threads, I put my Android phone in Airplane Mode and, in the Optimize Battery Usage menu, I turned off optimization for "Bluetooth" and "TrackAddict." I suspect one of the two settings would be sufficient, but not sure which. Just glad to have all 3 things working and synchronized now: GoPro, Garmin GLO 2 GPS, and the Kiwi 2+ OBD2 reader.